Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-24-2005, 03:07 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

He misses it by inches. The extened vid shows him running away

99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:10 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen
Default Re: Kids on railway lines/tracks

That was close.

DJ Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:46 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

That's the reason all Australian long distance trains have bull bars on them. They will get you off the track pretty quick.

The "Sunlander" Brisbane to Cairns tilt train...

Wow, great pic mate!

Maurice
Old 09-24-2005, 05:09 PM   #14
Site Team

Yeah, I think they are very foolish to be doing that. Alot of youthes do stupid things nowdays
Old 09-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Yeha, I've never done anything like that, but I'd consider myself to have alot of common sense. I can sense when things are wrong etc, and know how to go about getting away of problems.

It has happened down here in the UK though. People have been drunk for example, and someone got pushed off onto the train track when one was coming, and was too drunk to get off it in time...

Plus, I've been on tram lines, and seen people jump from the opposite station to the next by walking slowly across the lines to the other end and climbing up. That to me just seems wrong, and I straight away think of that guy or girl to be bad, or have something bad assosiated with them (Just the way I am, I stay clear)

Anyhow, yes...its pretty stupid.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:31 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to winterfreshpwnz Send a message via MSN to winterfreshpwnz

There's railroad tracks by my house, but I wouldn't go messing around by them, that's just absurd.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:35 PM   #17
Golden Master

I bet if you looked out of your window, you'd see many people acting absurdly then
Old 09-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #18
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice
Lately, in England, there is a big increase in fatalities, where young kids & teens are killed, either because they were playing near the rail tracks, or crossing them & getting electrocuted, I must confess that when I was about 10 or 11, we used to wait until we heard a train in the distance then scramble down a steep embankment, put pennies on the rail, hide behind bushes, then look for the pennies, keeping the squashed coins as trophies, English pennies in those days were huge, over an inch across, but still most were never found, the expresses, even in those days of steam, trains travelled at 100 mph on straight stretches, & the coins were flicked far & wide, the blue streamliner "Mallard" that still holds the world speed record for steam locomotives, [I think; 120 mph] used that line.
Anyway, leaving English kids foolishness behind, are there other countries where this happens, also English/Scottish might want to relate incidences, & yes, I know, I'll probably get some stick for my early capers, but, like nowadays kids, we had no fear.

Maurice.

What a great way to cook your eggs
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:07 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
Epping? in the UK right, i live in harlow... that isnt too far away from epping...
I live in Sydney but nevertheless, it is still stupid how people actually get killed by something which SHOULD'VE been perfectly safe ... technology always has its good points but it comes with a downside ... this is always the case, sadly, trains just reflect on this
dyserq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #20
Golden Master

Well, for one thing unlike crashes, etc, its not the drivers or the trains fault, but the stupid people deciding to get in the way of them

it not like a road where you can just walk out on a car.
You know you shouldn't walk on tracks. Its not a public footpath...

It just shows how stupid some people are really, and if they decide to just walk out when a trains coming, I don't feel sorry for them as they should have known.
If though, someone was pushed off, etc, thats a different matter.