Katrina

They say 80% of the city is underwater.

If the leaks aren't fixed 100% could be witnin a few hours.

I thought the floods could only be experienced in southeast asian countries.well,on what I see is,it is worst than here in the philippines

Now it's not fun anymore. I had no idea this storm was this severe. I know people from Taiwan say that they never saw anything this bad, and they are constantly hit by Typhoons too.

I'm all the way in the west coast so we don't experience that.

Rescuers along the hurricane-ravaged Gulf Coast pushed aside the dead to reach the living Tuesday in a race against time and rising waters.
That single sentence brings chills to me ...
050830_katrina_hlrg.standard.jpg

Scary ... i really don't know how it feels being in a situation like that but it must be horrible ... think of the effects of it ... destroyed properties, distraught people, huge financial bills and lost lives ... but the one thing that is disgusting ... is burst sewage pipes ... imagine that ...

Loaded up a lot of drinking water and cleaning supplies along with some food and stuff and sent it there with some friends of mine.
Went and hustled the water from our local grocery store and they gave us 2 half pallets ( about 100 cases) and 2 pallets of canned goods.

Now we get word that the stuff is stopped at a road block 45 miles from where it needs to be going and they will not allow my friends to proceed.

Wow, That isnt very good is it? I am lucky, I only experienced 150 mile per hour gusts, 100 mile per hour sustained.

I didnt get much damage, An orange tree fell over, Lost some shingles (or tiles for you out of the country) Other hurricanes that hit me did much more damage. I am certainly luckier than those in louisiana. My grandmother has an aunt and uncle over near biloxi and we havent heard from them yet..

I have 2 videos on my digital camera, They dont show much. I sent 50 dollars to the american red cross today, I encourage everyone else to send some as well.

And now, I desire Sleep, I shall return! Again! With two 15+ second videos! =D Ja ne

Back
Top Bottom