Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Kalgatha Send a message via Yahoo to Kalgatha
Question just want your opinion

ok...my dad thinks that all M rated games are horrible and i shouldn't be able to play/buy/have ANY!! yet he buys me Halo 2 (thank god)!! ok...the only reason that the games i want (mortal kombat:deception, ninja gaiden) are rated M is b/c of blood!! he lets me have BF2 and all other games as long as their rated T or less. now ... what i want to know is if im just crazy or is this a stubborn rule of my dad?

Kalgatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: just want your opinion

He's just concerned for you as most normal dads are. Your dad really look out for you. THere are other dads that could care less what their kids are playing. He may seem strict now, but later in life, you'll thank him for it.

I know I do. Proper guidance is the way to raise a child right. He's nice to reward you with Halo 2. Go dad!!!

Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

yes but i don't see why just b/c they have blood in em i can't get em??? mebbie your right...but i don't see myself thanking him for not letting me get awesome games (IMO) b/c they have blood in em!!
Old 08-13-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator

It depends how gullible and how naive the person is. The sooner you view these things, the sooner you mature and grow up. I think if you dad thinks that you're not ready (Which is just ignorant, unless you're one of those kids that actually believes in Santa still and other things and easily persuaded) then you should respect his concern for you.

But if you think you're ready to view virtual reality red cathode ray steams, then you should talk to him about him, and tell him straight to the face, "I think I should be allowed to play a video game that has virtual reality red cathode ray streams."
Old 08-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #5
Golden Master

I assume you are living with your parents now and they are your main source of providing you with everything? Once you get a job and rely on them less, (paying your way through college, making your own car payment, etc) they will let you have more freedom because you will be at the age where you are not a kid anymore and they let you make your own decisions. But by that time, you'll probably lose interest in games, lol. Like I am right now. Well, I still like some but not most.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

i have told him that its stupid for him to not let me play M-rated games cuz of blood.

and by the time im providing for myself i don't care what they say... and i don't thinkill loose intrest in video games...i wanna grow up to develop em i love em w/ a passion
Old 08-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
Site Team

I think it depends on the game
Old 08-13-2005, 05:30 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

yeah...like i can see were he shouldn't let me play playboy:the mansion...but like ninja gaiden?? and mortal kombat?? i mean come on...he lets me play BF2. its the pure fact that its a M-rated game that he won't let me get it!!
Old 08-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

games like manhunt shouldn't be played if your not old enough to buy them, but MK to me would be fine.
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #10
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to mr.monger Send a message via Yahoo to mr.monger

i seriously would not care as long as you didint start acting out the things you see in the games. then id slap you upside the head lol.

mr.monger is offline   Reply With Quote