Just A Quick One

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

So it's been a rather hectic couple of weeks.

I FINALLY got my broadband sorted after a couple of months of waiting for Sky to pull their finger out!

It's safe to say i'm actually happy with it now.

I've been making a couple of websites for friends for a small fee and I've been hosting them myself on my "server" (Laptop for low power consumption nothing more special).
But i'm looking for a more permanent solution, so can anyone recommend a good hosting site?

I've looked at a couple but i'm slightly confused, if they don't specifically say .net does that mean they won't support it at all?

This one mentions ASP .net WebHost4Life | Windows Hosting but I've never heard of them and i'm a little cautious

This one doesn't Web Hosting | Cloud Based Hosting & Unlimited Bandwidth - Go Daddy and I have heard of them but then their own website is .aspx?

requirements for hosting are 5Gb+ space, unlimited traffic / bandwidth, C# .net / ASP.net and PHP.

Any databases are a bonus, preferably MS SQL but I can work with MySQL too.

I'm afraid I probably won't be around here much over the next couple of months, i'm getting married in 5 months and i'm working all the hours in the day to pay for the bl00dy thing (I mean the wonderful day ;) ).

I will no doubt come back soon, I just can't seem to stay away :D

Stay well guys, see you soon!

Hey Guys,

So it's been a rather hectic couple of weeks.

I FINALLY got my broadband sorted after a couple of months of waiting for Sky to pull their finger out!

It's safe to say i'm actually happy with it now.

I will no doubt come back soon, I just can't seem to stay away :D

Stay well guys, see you soon!

I bet you were having withdrawal's without any internet lol.

congratulations!

or your sympathy lol ?
No she's a great girl and i'm very very lucky to be marrying her but boy weddings are stressful and costly!

I know people have said and I've tried to tell myself, it's all about us and as long as we are both there and happy that's all that counts but it's difficult to ignore all of the pressures that come with the wedding planning!

Anyone have suggestions for web hosting?

Anyone have suggestions for web hosting?
I use these guys, and have been perfectly happy so far (half a year or so so far.) Not the fastest around, and no frills (you'll have to do things like backups yourself) but at the price no complaining at all.

I use these guys, and have been perfectly happy so far (half a year or so so far.) Not the fastest around, and no frills (you'll have to do things like backups yourself) but at the price no complaining at all.

Looks good, but doesn't say about supporting .net?

Looks good, but doesn't say about supporting .net?

Ah, sorry missed that bit of your post.

To throw something else into the mix - if you're looking to host multiple sites, then one option might be to get a VPS (can get them for around $15 a month) where you can set up whatever databases & stacks you like. With just a couple though it's probably not worth it.

Yeah I have looked at VPS and I do like the idea of them, no nonsense, it's essentially "my machine" and I can put what I want on there however I've found that for cheap you get crap. 1Gb ram, nasty CPU share and small HDD.

I think i'm going with these guys, seems rather reasonable. http://www.arvixe.com/asp_net_web_hosting

Back
Top Bottom