Is it just me, or are ebay fees getting rediculous??

superman22x

Golden Master
My roommate had an extra phone he no longer needed, so I sold it on ebay for him. Sold for $140. After fees, he was out nearly $20! Ebay fees were around $12, and paypal around $7. Thats nearly 10% for ebay fees, and 5% for paypal... WAY to much...

I agree it's high for people who are trying to make money.

Although if I just need to get something for an item I no longer have a need for, I'm willing to pass on a bit for fees.

If you've got the vast majority of the market under your belt and your company name has become part of modern speech, you can get away with charging a bit more than the competition...

If you've got the vast majority of the market under your belt and your company name has become part of modern speech, you can get away with charging a bit more than the competition...

True.

...Maybe eBay were struggling in the financial crisis. though i doubt it.

I reckon they'd make more money during the financial crisis. People that need to get rid of assets to cover debts or eStores with lots of disco'd products would use eBay. Think of the 'Listing' and 'Final Value' fees eBay is making.

I reckon they'd make more money during the financial crisis. People that need to get rid of assets to cover debts or eStores with lots of disco'd products would use eBay. Think of the 'Listing' and 'Final Value' fees eBay is making.
Perhaps, but the flip side of that logic is that not as many people would be buying as much as usual. I'm not saying that's the case, but it could swing either way. There's not much point theorizing on that one unless there's hard figures we can look at...

Maybe, but there is no buyer/seller protection that way.

Well, there is not much protection with ebay either. I mean more than putting it in the paper. But not by much, you still have to trust the person is not scamming the item, that you get the money, that you don't get sued on a comment.

I recently sold my camera on ebay for $50 USD. Cost me 4.56 to list the item.

Back
Top Bottom