Just Joined! Hello

personaly, i dont like MACs too much, but if i did have the money, i would buy one for video editing and digital art

i go to the apple store all the time and play around there also

I have never had a mac but my father inlaw has always had one, he has the Imac I think, I have played round with it a couple of times and its OK, I don't think any member was trying to upset you or maliciously take the Mick, they where probably giving you some friendly banter to introduce you to CF,( I hope):) , I keep trying to convert my f/in law to a PC simply because of the wider range of software, he is a keen photographer and a very Good one(ex pro) but is happy with his mac and so be it, I got a PC 8 years ago and like he uses his mac we both don't want to change, It comes down to personal preference, Anyway what I'm trying to say is don't read to much into the negative comments an enjoy the good ones.

hah Welcome, why do you have a strong dislike for PC's?

Oh yeah try using the edit button instead of double posting :)

Thanks for the welcome Thelis.

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.8.......2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo......2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Along with a couple of desktop PCs...that I have a very strong dislike for.

Who is Rudster?

Games. :p

Nah, I'm just playing.

I am all for Macs, I think that they are very useful for video and music editing among other things.

I thought I was joining this forum to learn from others....................but after reading some of the comments you guys wrote concerning Macs.........I decided that I need to be the one teaching you guys a couple of things!!!!:mad:

I have a Mac and a couple of PCs, and I have to say that my MacBook Pro is muuuuuch faster than an ole PC any day of the week. It doesn't crash all the time like that PC I traded in for it did..........And best of all, I don't have to worry about it catching all of those bugs that PCs are prone to get................I guess you could say that my Mac has the much stronger "immune system"!:D

For those of you who did not bad-talk the Macintosh society............Thanks for the warm welcome!:)

First of all, welcome to CF.

MAC doesn't have a stronger "immune system" or is not prone to viruses.. it just has a much smaller user base. Since the user base is so small, the possibility of viruses being made, or being made popular, is much smaller as well.

I thought I was joining this forum to learn from others....................but after reading some of the comments you guys wrote concerning Macs.........I decided that I need to be the one teaching you guys a couple of things!!!!

I was just teasing!!! lol.....

Anyway, the reason I don't like PCs is this..........I am an artist, and I have a loooot of pictures on all of my computers, do a lot of graphic design type work, and sometimes three dimensional modeling and rendering. Before I got my macboook, I did all of this on a PC. I cannot even count the number of times that the PC cut off or clicked out of the program losing many, many hours of my hard work. I am sure that all PCs are not this contrary, but this one was and it was the main reason that I decided to convert to Mac.

I still have this mean machine, and now I am trying to get it to co-operate with my wireless network........Haven't been successful at this yet. All of my other computers work perfectly, but this one is constantly popping up error messages saying things like "cannot detect router" or "there is a problem with the network connection". Unfortunately, a family member had me install the router onto it as the main computer, then they decided they wanted me to make the thing wireless and move the router into another room. I have started a thread over in the networking forum to try to find out what the problem is.

I do think it is funny though....that my Mac is a lot further away from the router and I have never had a single problem with it. I guess I don't like PCs because they don't seem to like me, but maybe they have a good reason to be that way since I think they're so contrary.:)

lol, PC's can do everything a MAC can do. But better since they are more customizable.

and if your Windows PC was cutting off, that wasn't Windows fault, that was most likely the hardware.

Yeah, I do 3D modelling/music, etc too, and yet, the PC offers me everything the Mac can in terms of good software, etc :p

But yeah, don't blaim the PC (its a customisable computer that can go wrong like anything else), as the Mac could also be defective. I've crashed many by just looking at them

^^ 100% correct.

I hear alll these people saying macs don't have problems, in my media class we have to use macs and every ten minutes a little box comes up saying the application quit unexpectantly.

But noooooooooooo macs don't have anything wrong with them ;)

and people complain about Vista causing problems, I saw reports of Leopard causing problems on MACs.

Back
Top Bottom