Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #11
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. Also, it's suprisingly small for a gaming system. Wow. Oh, I shouldn't really bash the graphics on the Wii that much because it does look good for the game I was playing. I need to get that Zelda game now. Yeah, imagine me with the sword, hehe. That would be pretty neat. The controller becomes the sword and I'll be walking with it and taking swings at my enemies...so fun.

I also got the Medal of Honor game yesterday too that I haven't even touched, lol. It's just sitting on top of my PC waiting to be installed but haven't done that yet because I've been playing with the Wii the whole time. You actually work up a sweat too, whew.
__________________

__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I can't wait until my sister gets her Wii.

I'm saving for a Xbox 360. 2007 is the time to shine...so many f-ing awesome games coming out...
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #13
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 272
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to pee, if that counts for anything, i guess thats kinda like getting a WII for xmas.
__________________
Eagles may soar, but Weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Words of Wisdom:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
You really have no idea what you're talking about, don't you?
dorfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
The Wii is incredibly fun. People are so hyped up over the PS3, but the fun factor for the Wii surpasses that of the PS3 x2 due to your interaction with the game. It takes gaming one step further by getting you into it and that's what makes it so fun. Even the basic game I got with it (Wii Sports - which include boxing, tennis, golf, bowling, and baseball)) is so fun. I mean, I'm actually throwing punches lol. How fun is that? Then in tennis, I'm swinging the controller as if I was actually playing the game!!! It's definitely worth it to get this system. Graphics may not be as mind blowing as the PS3 or the 360, but your fun meter make you look pass all that.
Make sure that the loop that goes round the wrist isn't faulty, or fitted improperly, here in England, two TV screens were broken when, the controller hit them, one of which was a plasma, bet his dad was well p***ed off!!
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
hascet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,218
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Make sure that the loop that goes round the wrist isn't faulty, or fitted improperly, here in England, two TV screens were broken when, the controller hit them, one of which was a plasma, bet his dad was well p***ed off!!
ya when I tested a wii at the mall, they wouldn't let you play without the wrist strap on...lol, I bet something bad happened to one of the flatscreens there
__________________
www.crazycomputers.org
hascet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:43 PM   #16
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I make sure I'm holding onto it tight. I read up on those issues with the controller goes flying off. I hate breaking it (although they are surprisingly well built and tough).
__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There still out of stock here!

I don't want one, but my mate does.

One of my cousins has one though, and apparently, the christmas lights are interfering with the controller.

The reason is, because the IR (Infrared connection) doesn't even talk to the Wii. All it does is sends IR signals for the controller to pick up on to know its whereabouts.
Apprently, dissconnecting this, and having two candles (they do send out IR signals) or even torches either side the screen would work the same way, and may even be stronger than the connection from the original IR emitter to begin with, so will have a larger range.

Expect third parties to create IR transmitters for it in that case to try and make them better than the originals.
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #18
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet
ya when I tested a wii at the mall, they wouldn't let you play without the wrist strap on...lol, I bet something bad happened to one of the flatscreens there
I have a young relative who had a Wii for Christmas, & brought it with him, when he & his dad came to see me over Christmas, his dad let him show it to me, but not use it with my TV, wow, big sulks!
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #19
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
There still out of stock here!

I don't want one, but my mate does.

One of my cousins has one though, and apparently, the christmas lights are interfering with the controller.

The reason is, because the IR (Infrared connection) doesn't even talk to the Wii. All it does is sends IR signals for the controller to pick up on to know its whereabouts.
Apprently, dissconnecting this, and having two candles (they do send out IR signals) or even torches either side the screen would work the same way, and may even be stronger than the connection from the original IR emitter to begin with, so will have a larger range.

Expect third parties to create IR transmitters for it in that case to try and make them better than the originals.
Yup. There's already a wireless IR emitter out from this small startup company. Rather homemade, but supposedly it's not bad.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:31 AM   #20
Daemon Poster
 
BigLu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,140
Send a message via AIM to BigLu
Default Re: Just got a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, i didn't have very much fun playing the wii. Yes I was in a bad mood that day and I only played wii sports but I was still dissapointed. Maybe i'll try again tomorrow, and i'll like it.
__________________

__________________
E8400
HD 4870
4GB DDR2
BigLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0