Just got Verizon FIOS!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
This thing is fast. Much faster than my cable internet I had before. Check out these blistering speeds!!

76168807ez9.jpg

I mean, I downloaded a 10MB file in less than 5 seconds, lol. Can you imagine if I were to get movies?!? Then again, the weakest link is the slowest network on the other end. We just got the FIOS upgrade today. The crew from Verizon was working outside for nearly 4 hours before it was ready to go. We were all very impressed by the instant boost in speed. It was at least 5x faster than our previous network!!! I've run series of tests and some even showed near T2 speeds but definitely smoked a T1 connection.

The speed posted above is about the average of all the tests I ran so far. Every page pops up really fast as there are hardly any pause anymore. It's really exciting coming from a slow cable connection. We had the 3Mbps service with Time Warner and there were major problems. Half the time, the Net wouldn't work. I would see that I'm connected to the router, but couldn't get out. When it did work, it would crawl to dial up speeds. Then it would pick up a bit, but still, waiting 5 seconds for a page to load is not what I call fast. Especially on "high speed" broadband network with Time Warner.

We were all very frustrated and one of my roommates called Time Warner to cancel our service when Verizon came over. He made sure customer service knew about our problems and voiced his disatisfaction with their service. Boy, did they get an earful. I'm sure a lot of people are soon to follow in our area since the fiber were laid down a month ago. All we had here was cable internet so bandwidth was an issue (which is probably one of the contributing cause of all of our slowdowns). FIOS is dedicated so we're guaranteed our bandwidth. Plus, Verizon is suppose to have superior customer service too. We'll see how this goes in a few months.

Do you have FIOS support in your area? If so, they're having a special right now. New customers get a special low rate. It's like $50 a month, cheaper than cable internet, lol. That's whats so funny. We're getting tons faster speed than TIme Warner ever gave us, yet, it cost $69 a month from Time Warner!!!!! How do you figure that?!?! Puzzling. Verizon FIOS is the way to go people.

You guys remember my old speed test for a previous post? Can't find that anymore because it's an older thread that's been pushed way back and soon to be archived, :p. I believe it was barely making even 1Mbps download!!!!! Even though we had 3Mbps service, there was definitely something wrong with the network before.

It doesn't help that my mom hates Verizon right now, i want FIOS so bad!

Now I dislike you a lot. Verizon really needs to expand their FiOS network.

It took awhile to get them over in our area. But a month or two ago, there were loud constructions going on in our neighborhood. There were private contractors hired to dig up portions of the sidewalk to lay down the fiber lines. I could see the orange conduit they're passing through the ground. It was annoying since they were jackhammering every single day, including the weekends. So early in the morning too. I had to move my car several times because they warned me about parking on the street due to flying rocks hitting my car. Finally everything was done and it was just a matter of time for Verizon to upgrade their switches and servers to service us. They plan on expanding FIOS everywhere though. I will not be surprised at all if you get service where you live eventually. Except in smaller towns, major cities get first dibs, then branches outwards due to high demand.

Oh, I've got Resident Evil Extinction on standby now. ETA 1h 10m. Then the movie is mine.

Do you have FIOS support in your area? If so, they're having a special right now. New customers get a special low rate. It's like $50 a month, cheaper than cable internet, lol. That's whats so funny. We're getting tons faster speed than TIme Warner ever gave us, yet, it cost $69 a month from Time Warner!!!!! How do you figure that?!?! Puzzling. Verizon FIOS is the way to go people.

You guys remember my old speed test for a previous post? Can't find that anymore because it's an older thread that's been pushed way back and soon to be archived, :p. I believe it was barely making even 1Mbps download!!!!! Even though we had 3Mbps service, there was definitely something wrong with the network before.

I Wish,I live in australia,Australia is WAAAAAAAAAY Behind in technology.

Back
Top Bottom