Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #21
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Just got bad news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105
Hopefully you get this, even though you're banned...but I'll definitely say a prayer for you/your cousin.

My mom was a medic in the Marines for a while. She's an anesthetist now. (gives people at the hospital their drugs) I guess there's a retina scanner at the hospitals she works at to get into the room with all the drugs, which is pretty neat.

And according to the paper today, they're proposing plans to get us out of there in '08. I think one plan was a set deadline to have everyone out by September '08, and the other was a goal to have basically all soldiers out by March '08.
That would be awesome to get out of there by '08. But what people say a lot of time especially in politics isn't what they actually do...

Old 03-09-2007, 08:40 PM   #22
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hascet
That would be awesome to get out of there by '08. But what people say a lot of time especially in politics isn't what they actually do...
True, but now that the Democrats have control of Congress...

Bush says he will veto any timeline Congress tries to set, and he's Commander in Chief. But Congress can cut funding for the war, which would leave Bush helpless.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/09/wa...927&ei=5087%0A

Old 03-09-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105
But Congress can cut funding for the war, which would leave Bush helpless.
honestly, i don't like the idea of budget cutting. there are other ways to get us out. but if we cut budgets, that means less bullets, armour, and other things our troops need to defend themselves over there. I can see the US bodycount rising if we do that.

Jenox, i feel for you man, my uncle was over there, and was saved from an RPG simply because he was at base sick. His best friend took his place in his truck (it was his friends RR day) and it got hit. thankfully no-one was killed tho.

I can see tho why Bush would want to veto a timeline. if something major happens that would require an escelatoin (ie Osama found in Iraq) then he would kind of have his hands tied as to what to do. I'd be all for Guide-lines tho that are along the lines of "Take about 10,000 troops out this month, another 25,000ish out next month etc" that way we can have whats appropriate for that time.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote