Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: just done my driving test (again)

congrats on the test. I have 10 months until mine, and 4 months until I get a learners permit. Although that doesn't stop me from moving my parents cars so they are in our drive way in the right order... ("hey Alex, mind moving your mother's car?")

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lew View Post
Speed cameras fail. Remember, if you can do 180mph through them then they can't see you.
doubt it. they did it on myth busters at 130 I believe, and with a bird, and it got them both. when they did the 130 the car was centered in the pic like at normal speed (just above the trip mark set) so I bet it will get them fine at 180

Old 12-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

hmm on page 1 i said i wouldnt mind a pergeot or any car thats 1.1 or under.
as long as it gets from a to be after all.
driving on the motorway will be fun next week though

Old 12-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

congrats on the test. I have 10 months until mine, and 4 months until I get a learners permit. Although that doesn't stop me from moving my parents cars so they are in our drive way in the right order... ("hey Alex, mind moving your mother's car?")

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lew View Post
Speed cameras fail. Remember, if you can do 180mph through them then they can't see you.
doubt it. they did it on myth busters at 130 I believe, and with a bird, and it got them both. when they did the 130 the car was centered in the pic like at normal speed (just above the trip mark set) so I bet it will get them fine at 180
Old 12-08-2007, 04:24 AM   #24
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post

I doubt it. they did it on myth busters at 130 I believe, and with a bird, and it got them both. when they did the 130 the car was centered in the pic like at normal speed (just above the trip mark set) so I bet it will get them fine at 180
Nah, that's a load of utter rubbish, so is the myth that you can spray your number plates with a substance which looks invisible to the naked eye but looks blank to the cameras, what happens is, if the plates don't show any details, [cameras are digital now] they can be accessed on the police control room monitors straght away, the description of the car is radioed to the nearest patrol car, & the chase is on, this is what I'm led to believe, but as I've said before, a young relative of mine is a traffic sop with the Met, so I'm sure he would confirm tthis, soooo, there's no escape guys!
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:41 AM   #25
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

That stuff doesn't work, but if you can go fast enough you can beat certain cameras.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
Nah, that's a load of utter rubbish, so is the myth that you can spray your number plates with a substance which looks invisible to the naked eye but looks blank to the cameras, what happens is, if the plates don't show any details, [cameras are digital now] they can be accessed on the police control room monitors straght away, the description of the car is radioed to the nearest patrol car, & the chase is on, this is what I'm led to believe, but as I've said before, a young relative of mine is a traffic sop with the Met, so I'm sure he would confirm tthis, soooo, there's no escape guys!
There's probably an escape just like there is to anything else. Most people just don't know of how to do it, and they don't' have the money. It's really not worth it. Most people don't even have cars that can do 180, I know I don't and I don't want one because it's stupid to go that fast.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #27
Site Team

well done dude

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote