Judge gives green light for same-sex marriage in California

I agree with gay marriage too, but I also don't agree with the term "marriage" to describe it. To me, "marriage" is between a man and a woman and there should be another term to describe it for gays. Other than that, they should be able to get married if they wish,

Well okay lets say this. The only way I can really see it fair is to having gay people in the military is to really just dump everyone in. Right now, how strict things are a woman can fuck up your career very easy just by looking at her in a certain way. Whos the say some guy in the shower gives you the same look and what? You can't be a offended by it and can't kill there career. Espiecally deployment. You can't even be in the same room as a chick, can do anything sexual. How is that going to work with gay dudes. Seperate them. Keep them from doing that. Last week, this super hot girl got caught by her room mate having sex with this dude. Things are very bad for her right now.
I'm not good at getting my point across, I really suck at communicating.
But I hope you get what I mean. So yeah, if anything I believe the only way for it to work is to unisex shit for fairness.

But you should't limit the rights of others. Though I understand you are concerned about gays in the military.

In america you allowed to burn the American flag a s a freedom of speech. But there will be times burning a flag may place you in danger harm or incite a riot. Though this may be harmful to you, the right should not be limited.

I agree with gay marriage too, but I also don't agree with the term "marriage" to describe it. To me, "marriage" is between a man and a woman and there should be another term to describe it for gays. Other than that, they should be able to get married if they wish,

why not? Im sorry I'm not religious but does marriage have a biblical background? Does marriage state that it is a union between man and woman in the bible?

but yes according to law. Marriage right now is defined as between man and woman.

Umm I have no problem controlling myself around a woman, so I imagine that just because someone's gay doesn't mean that they will hit on you... that's homophobia at it's finest. I spent many a nights at my gay friends house but he never hit on me. I didn't wake up in his spare bed with him in it, nor did I "fear" it. Just as he understood I was a 'friend' I'm sure other people, gay or not, would understand that I was just a colleague in the military.

Dude, come on man theres many different people. A lot stupid ones in the military. No shit, there was this guy in at our base. Mcconnell AFB, that got kicked out last year because he was hanging out with his bud at the dorms having whatever fun on there weekend. Well not saying names, out of the blue he asked his friend if he can blow him. Maybe he felt comfy or drunk when he asked him that. That dude totally ranted him out and now hes gone. Sorry I wouldn't want be to be roomed with him right now at this deployment. You never know, I can control myself around woman but not everyone can. Some dudes might not be able to control there hormones around other dudes. I'm not going to change in the same room and shower at someone that can't help but have a peek at my junk. That's just wierd. Probably thats how woman think about the whole idea with men. Like I said, unisex is the only fair way. Maybe if I was friends with someone before hand but not if I dont know them. Thats not homophobia. thats just my privacy. But If I was friends with a Chick before hand. Doesn't mean its okay to room with them at a deployment. But If I was friends with a Chick before hand. Doesn't mean its okay to room with them at a deployment.

People should have the "Freedom" to get married to whomever they want... Sister, brother, same sex member, their dog... whatever, not my life or my decision. I thought that's what this country was all about anyway. Our founding fathers made a nation where every man and woman is guaranteed freedom to live their life as they please.
you are wrong. there is no reason a person should marry their brother or sister, or indeed their dog.

you are not allowed to marry your brother or sister because any children you have, have a much greater risk of disability due to your having the same genes. any slight mutations would be much more apparent.

Darwin married his cousin, all of his kids were sickly, and most died young, when he figured out about genes and variation, he also figured out that he was to blame for not having enough variation in his off spring.

you can't marry a dog because you can't possibly consent to marry a dog.

it's all about consent, sex is not illegal, non consensual sex is.

bestiality is illegal because an animal can't consent.

In Vietnam it didn't work out that great for a black dude either, but many of em bled for the freedom you enjoy.

Edit: Not going to argue the point of the Vietnam war as that wasn't for America's freedom, regardless though, they served in spite of discrimination.
are you sure about that? a lot of people served because they were conscripted.

Well okay lets say this. The only way I can really see it fair is to having gay people in the military is to really just dump everyone in. Right now, how strict things are a woman can fuck up your career very easy just by looking at her in a certain way. Whos the say some guy in the shower gives you the same look and what? You can't be a offended by it and can't kill there career. Espiecally deployment. You can't even be in the same room as a chick, can do anything sexual. How is that going to work with gay dudes. Seperate them. Keep them from doing that. Last week, this super hot girl got caught by her room mate having sex with this dude. Things are very bad for her right now.
I'm not good at getting my point across, I really suck at communicating.

I see what you're saying.
the military does not allow anybody to be anywhere near anybody that they may feel sexual attraction to. men and women are segregated.

So, if you put gay men and gay women into the armed forces their model of segregation no longer works.

because you can't have gay men in troops with straight men, because there is sexual attraction there, and you can't just form a separate division for gay men, because there is risk of attraction there. so the only segregation for a gay man would be as a singular unit, and that just doesn't work in the military. the military don't assume that men can't serve with women because they can't control themselves. they assume that there may be mutual relationships, and they take measures to make sure that there are not any relationships.

hence the don't ask, don't tell policy.

my feelings exactly, Marriage is an noun, it has a defined meaning based on an religious practice.
here in the UK we have marriages for men and woman, and civil partnerships for men/men women/women couplings. it affords straight people and gay people all the same rights and legal protections. yet keeps the word marriage true to it's dictionary meaning.

why not? Im sorry I'm not religious but does marriage have a biblical background? Does marriage state that it is a union between man and woman in the bible?

but yes according to law. Marriage right now is defined as between man and woman.
yes, yes, and yes.

without wanting to say that we've got it right, but I do feel a better road is allowing straight marriage and gay civil partnerships. I'd sooner gay and straight civil partnerships than gay marriage as a description or name for the service.
I'm not religious, but I do feel that you should respect religion. a marriage is a religious ceremony.

we'd be better off wiping out a few hundred years of legal writing and letting marriage stay as or go back to being a religious ceremony (getting married in front of God) and making the legal aspect of it (which affords all the legal rights and protections) a civil partnership register.

Back
Top Bottom