Jesus isn't in right now, please leave a message...

My God is not cruel or sadistic. He wants me to stand on my own two feet and try to do things on my own. He'll be there if I need some one to talk to.

But you know what's really pathetic? They'll probabley never see a court room. If they get charged with any thing, every Jerry Falwell type will crawl out from under their rock and make the biggest public stink about freedom of religion. It'll get swept under the rug and quietly fade away. This is not the first time this has happened.

yeah, sad things like this happen. I do think that people have the right to do this, but the question here is that was it the girls choise or the parents choise? If the girl decided that she doesn't want to see a doctor then that's fine, but if it's how I think it is, that the parents made the choise, then it's just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hetfield
Pride you took
Pride you feel
Pride that you felt when you'd kneel
Not the word
Not the love
Not what you thought from above

It feeds (it feeds)
It grows (it grows)
It clouds all that you will know
Deceit
Deceive
Decide just what you believe

I see faith in your eyes
Never you hear the discouraging lies
I hear faith in your cries
Broken is the promise, betrayal
The healing hand held back by the deepened nail
Follow the god that failed

Find your peace
Find your say
Find the smooth road on your way
Trust you gave
A child to save
Left you cold and him in grave

It feeds (it feeds)
It grows (it grows)
It clouds all that you will know
Deceit
Deceive
Decide just what you believe

I see faith in your eyes
Never you hear the discouraging lies

I see faith in your eyes

Pride you took
Pride you feel
Pride that you felt when you'd kneel
Trust you gave
A child to save
Left you cold and him in grave

I see faith in your eyes
Never your hear the discouraging lies

Broken is the promise
Betrayal, betrayal

What Song is that from?

And Back to the thread,What Dumb ass's,I Do beleive that god exist's but that's just stupid,they should have seen a doctor like any normal person should,They should get put in the slammer for man slaughter.

My thoughts:

The story that lead to the thread - Darwinism at its finest

"Religion is the opiate of the people"
...................................................Karl Marx

:)

it was that girls time to go... couldent of been stopped.
That girl would still be alive if I were her father.

I think you meant to say, In Conclusion, It's MY opinion God does not exist, or is sadistic.

That's your opinion and below is Mikes, But like anything else, Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.

Religion aside or not aside, I agree whole heartedly with you Mike, These parents were stupid in my eyes. Just like all the other people in the world who feel they're healing remedies will work and they don't want ANY liquid or blood pumped into their kids bodies unless it came from their body. Or the ones who believe God will miraculously heal their family member.

As a Christian I've learned not to Judge. Just like I'm not going to judge Chris, Mike, and anyone else who disagrees with someone elses beliefs in God, Faith and religion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, But unfortunately there are some that feel the need to lash out at others for their particular beliefs because they don't get the answers to the most extremely complex of questions that arise when it comes to God.

In my eyes, These parents were ones who wanted God to live for them rather than them living for God and his will.

/rant off
You really are one level-headed guy. You have your beliefs, and you don't look down on others for not agreeing with them. Total respect there.

It really is sad.. knowing that these parents won't be punished.

What Song is that from?

And Back to the thread,What Dumb ass's,I Do beleive that god exist's but that's just stupid,they should have seen a doctor like any normal person should,They should get put in the slammer for man slaughter.

Metallica - The God That Failed

James wrote this song because of his mother, who died of cancer after refusing medical treatment, relying on god.. and dying because of it.
http://www.encycmet.com/songs/sbtgodtf.shtml

Back
Top Bottom