Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #51
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 25
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
Welcome back Jenox, never knew you were back before.
I'm not really back in a sense. My original account is banned, but I had to make a thread because I NEED opinions on something. And well, other forums wouldn't respond. So I decided to make a post here, and PM David asking to let me just sail out the thread to get the answers that I need. because the issue is life changing and well, there really isn't a better way to help make a decision when you've got 50+ people giving you opinions.

That is assuming Marc doesn't go gung-ho on me and ban me upon sight. But, don't get off-topic with me, PM me if need be. I'm here solely to get my answers then, pending on what David decides, either clean up my act and stay, or, be on my way.
__________________

Jenox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #52
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox2 View Post
That is assuming Marc doesn't go gung-ho on me and ban me upon sight. But, don't get off-topic with me, PM me if need be. I'm here solely to get my answers then, pending on what David decides, either clean up my act and stay, or, be on my way.
your thinking of Brookfield
and thanks for the links, thats awesome news, can't wait to hear responses!
__________________

__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #53
Daemon Poster
 
Istonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,469
Send a message via AIM to Istonian Send a message via MSN to Istonian
Default Re: Jack thompson

I think it was Marc who got really mad at him.
__________________
Linux > Windows
Istonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #54
88
Fully Optimized
 
88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to 88
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
And say what to the gun laws?

You cant buy one till you're 40?

No thats stupid.

I get what you're trying to convey, but be realistic here, what is something that the US could implement that would be effective? I'm 16 and I can obtain lots of guns. They are everywhere.

Something has to be done, yes. But the question isn't if something should be done or not. The question is what could be done that would actually work?
I mean that countries like the U.S. should completely make firearms designed for killing other people completely illegal and unavailable to civilians.
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #55
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 View Post
I mean that countries like the U.S. should completely make firearms designed for killing other people completely illegal and unavailable to civilians.
well guns can be the solution
***caution very radical, i dont support this theory, but it is a theory***
guns intimidate people. they intimidate people because someone can have power over another, no matter their race, creed, position in society, w/e. guns can make people do, whatever the owner wants. if two people have guns, it eliminates the standoff, because they are then even. so guns can be the solution if you look at it like this
guns = a +1
people w/o guns = -1
if everyone has guns, everyone is +1, putting it back at 0
************************************************** *****
okay well, i dont think thats a good idea, because if we just ended it like d88 said, then we wouldnt even have to worry about that backfiring, or any other problems that could come from it
__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:48 PM   #56
Daemon Poster
 
Istonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,469
Send a message via AIM to Istonian Send a message via MSN to Istonian
Default Re: Jack thompson

Someone came up with a similar idea on another forum. I think we should test the theory on some small third world country.
__________________
Linux > Windows
Istonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #57
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 View Post
I mean that countries like the U.S. should completely make firearms designed for killing other people completely illegal and unavailable to civilians.
that would cause a major issue to the sportsmen/women of america. That entire comunity would out-cry against the laws banning that, because that would also make our hunting rifles illegal. Yes, they are designed to kill deer, bear, or other game, but they can also be used to kill humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardordi3 View Post
well guns can be the solution
***caution very radical, i dont support this theory, but it is a theory***
guns intimidate people. they intimidate people because someone can have power over another, no matter their race, creed, position in society, w/e. guns can make people do, whatever the owner wants. if two people have guns, it eliminates the standoff, because they are then even. so guns can be the solution if you look at it like this
guns = a +1
people w/o guns = -1
if everyone has guns, everyone is +1, putting it back at 0
************************************************** *****
okay well, i dont think thats a good idea, because if we just ended it like d88 said, then we wouldnt even have to worry about that backfiring, or any other problems that could come from it
I've actually belived that for awhile. Would someone mug someone else if there was a good chance that the other person was armed? The answer would be No. Not a normal criminal. A normal criminal would see the gun, pee himself, and run.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 PM   #58
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
that would cause a major issue to the sportsmen/women of america. That entire comunity would out-cry against the laws banning that, because that would also make our hunting rifles illegal. Yes, they are designed to kill deer, bear, or other game, but they can also be used to kill humans..
yes, but, and god this is such a cliche, but w/e
guns don't kill people, crazy people with guns kill people. the answer is to maybee... psychoanylize (sp?) people before gun screening/bckgd check, i mean, there's a waiting period anyway, and if someone really wants a gun, they'd have no problem doing it. but then again, there are other ways to get guns.. but the Virginia Tech student got them legally
__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #59
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Jack thompson

You know, a mental test (didn't wanna butcher any more words tonight) would be a great idea. A simple multiple chioce test could be administered to help determine if people are able to buy guns. However, that won't stop sane people from buying them for the insane. there is always going to be a loop-hole.

The best thing i can think of for total saftey is waht me and my dad do. He gave me a hunting rifle as a birthday gift a year or two ago. To keep anything from happening, only i know the code to the trigger lock, only he knows where the gun cabnet key is, and only i know where the ammo is. none of us cannot do anythign with out the other.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:16 AM   #60
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 25
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
You know, a mental test (didn't wanna butcher any more words tonight) would be a great idea. A simple multiple chioce test could be administered to help determine if people are able to buy guns. However, that won't stop sane people from buying them for the insane. there is always going to be a loop-hole.

The best thing i can think of for total saftey is waht me and my dad do. He gave me a hunting rifle as a birthday gift a year or two ago. To keep anything from happening, only i know the code to the trigger lock, only he knows where the gun cabnet key is, and only i know where the ammo is. none of us cannot do anythign with out the other.
Good idea. I really like that.

But my point is, if it's not guns, then what else will people use? People will always look for a way to kill or injure someone, it's just human nature. If it's not guns, then, what's next?
__________________

Jenox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0