Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #31
In Runtime
 
BGates14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 356
Send a message via AIM to BGates14
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
I wonder what will happen to Jack Tompson if they find absolutly no violent video games on his computer... I'd love to see him only find Pokemon games.... shift his attention away from the good stuff for now....
He'd prolly make something up like, well the pokemons blast and shoot each other with spells and since spells arent real this guy used a gun to substitute the spells and let out his anger in which he learned from pokemon video games.
__________________

__________________
| AMD 64 x2 5200+ | Asus CrossHair | 4GB Corsair (4 x 1GB | Western Digital 160GB SATA | OCZ GameXtream 700w | eVGA GeForce 8800TX | CoolerMaster Stacker SSN2 |

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/267921
BGates14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #32
Daemon Poster
 
Istonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,469
Send a message via AIM to Istonian Send a message via MSN to Istonian
Default Re: Jack thompson

He will find a way, whether it sounds good or not.
__________________

__________________
Linux > Windows
Istonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:19 AM   #33
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium Nate View Post
I love Disturbed to!
@Arrizx, Yeah man you got be pretty freaking sick to make a tape of it then kill more people

I know thats basically what you just said but i was merely agreeing with you i mean who flipping does that?
It just shows that there is more to the human mind than we could ever perceive.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:34 AM   #34
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: Jack thompson

just a couple people of ruin for everyone
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #35
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Jack thompson

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/hardbal...led-253501.php
holy shit, omg im gonna assassinate this guy, whos in?
__________________
We ride, we die {マFORUM 2007{マ
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #36
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Jack thompson

sry to double post, but he admits that 80% of the males play "these types of games" wtf, then hes a nutcase! omg!
__________________
We ride, we die {マFORUM 2007{マ
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #37
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 25
Default Re: Jack thompson

I see his points and can't help but agree. Espcialyl given the game "Bulley", in which you do run around school replicating the Columbine school shooting. Video games do have influence, just because most gamers don't want to accept that fact doesn't mean the people who address are all idiots. I play Counter Strike and I find that it makes me want to shoot guns in real life, not at people, but, just because they're fun to shoot in the game.

The difference is that when psychopathic people get a hold of this material it provokes them even more. So yes, part of the credit can be attributed towards video games and other violent material, such as movies and books. But most commonly video games get the heat because of it's realism.
Jenox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #38
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox2 View Post
I see his points and can't help but agree. Espcialyl given the game "Bulley", in which you do run around school replicating the Columbine school shooting. Video games do have influence, just because most gamers don't want to accept that fact doesn't mean the people who address are all idiots. I play Counter Strike and I find that it makes me want to shoot guns in real life, not at people, but, just because they're fun to shoot in the game.

The difference is that when psychopathic people get a hold of this material it provokes them even more. So yes, part of the credit can be attributed towards video games and other violent material, such as movies and books. But most commonly video games get the heat because of it's realism.
maybe you should get yourself checked out then... because i can't say i've ever had the urge to fire a weapon from a video game. i just think its stupid to regulate something to people that aren't sociopaths...
__________________
We ride, we die {マFORUM 2007{マ
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #39
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 25
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardordi3 View Post
maybe you should get yourself checked out then... because i can't say i've ever had the urge to fire a weapon from a video game. i just think its stupid to regulate something to people that aren't sociopaths...
Way to be like Jack Thomson and totally blow things out of proportion. It's called watching or partaking in something fun and then applying it to real life...example given: Watching the Super Bowl. Peopel have a tendency to watch it then play football afterwards...are they psychos because what they viewed they applied to life? No, not unless they kill someone. And that's what I'm saying. Only psychotic people apply the content in a HARMFUL manner. I said I liked to go shooting after playing war games...Ever watched Rambo? Don't tell me you've never played with super soaker's and gone 'rambo' on someone.
Jenox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:06 PM   #40
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Jack thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox2 View Post
Way to be like Jack Thomson and totally blow things out of proportion. It's called watching or partaking in something fun and then applying it to real life...example given: Watching the Super Bowl. Peopel have a tendency to watch it then play football afterwards...are they psychos because what they viewed they applied to life? No, not unless they kill someone. And that's what I'm saying. Only psychotic people apply the content in a HARMFUL manner. I said I liked to go shooting after playing war games...Ever watched Rambo? Don't tell me you've never played with super soaker's and gone 'rambo' on someone.
im sry, i didnt understand your point lol, okay it might desensitize you a bit, but like you said, you have to have some kind of illness to think it right to just go and kill a bunch of people... lol and playing football isnt the same as killing 33 people, and yourself ()
__________________

__________________
We ride, we die {マFORUM 2007{マ
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0