I've been thinking about this forum...

dcjose201

Baseband Member
I'm new to this forum but I have read some threads and I have noticed that there have been a lot of people who have been banned or just returned from a ban? What can get you banned from here? It seems like people are strict here.

Starting arguments, spamming etc. Its best to give someone a few weeks off and then they can come back rather than let things escalate into a huge arguement and it ends up destroying the forum

I'm new to this forum but I have read some threads and I have noticed that there have been a lot of people who have been banned or just returned from a ban? What can get you banned from here? It seems like people are strict here.

read the rules abide by them and use common sense when posting and you should be fine

because of the large amount of members here not everyone has the same opinion and so sometimes there are disagreements which sometimes result in bannings as people take it too far

It's less relaxed than other some other forums that's for sure. It isn't that the mods / admins are more strict, its just that it's a lot of younger people who often make dumb posts and are always at each others throats.

You get banned for flaming, spamming and other dumb things you can possibly do.

it is strict here. But you get used to it and I guess you learn to not be such a dumbass sometimes. I don't like that they don't let you have arguments though.

Yeah, we tend to be a little strict here, but that's because this is an all access forum, and anyone can join. There could be 8 year olds posting among us and we have no idea, so that's why we try to hold back on the foul language, violence, arguments, etc.. Sometimes we don't, but then usually the ban squad comes by, and not only censors your post, but bans you. Oh, and not only the fact that there are youngin's present, it's just that fact that nobody really likes an argument to break out inside of a close knit community. Sure, we have a lot of members on this forum, but how many of those actually stick around?

Oh, and if you learn your limits, then this forum may not seem as strict. I try to keep a positive, funny attitude here, but also can show a serious side if I really had to. I just realized that over 3/4 of my posts are in the social lounge.. I should probably try to help out more in the other sub-forums :\

@FSB (Wow, I just realised that Flight Sim Boy has the same initials as Front Side Bus) - I know what you mean. I've been starting to do this recently: I log on, check all highlighted threads in the software/hardware part of the forum. I post in the ones I can help. Then, I come to the Social Lounge and chill here. I check back on the other parts every 15minutes.

I don't like that they don't let you have arguments though.

I wouldn't say that. That last presidential thread got heated but it was left alone.

My biggest advice if you don't want to get banned is this (it'll be corny) but treat others they way you want to be treated. If you don't want someone screaming down your neck calling you a noob, don't do it to someone else because if you do, we get notified and have to do something about it.

We do like to give new member leniancy here though. If you're new, you simply don't know any better. Or in other cases like swearing (when it isn't too over the top) or mildly abusive posts, you'll get an infaction. Nothing big just an "e-spanking" saying you did something wrong and to improve on it.

Since it hasn't been touched on I'll say this as well; If you're having issues with a member or mod, do not be afraid to PM another moderator. We are here to help you, not just to hand out bans.

Back
Top Bottom