Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #11
Daemon Poster
Default Re: I've been thinking.

I know what you mean Juice, in a way that's the whole beauty of being a kid...your innocent, you don't worry about stuff. You don't worry about what bills need paying or where your next meal comes from etc, but moving past those care free days into adolescence and adulthood are just part of life and growing up

Besides, you have to look on the bright side of things...there are alot of good things in your life, for one your still alive. Every breath you draw is a blessing. And at least you have bettered yourself as you grew up dude, you've learned a s***load about computers and that stuff will stick with you forever. Some people don't want to better themselves by learning something new. You did though and you should be damn proud of yourself.

And 9/11 was truly one of the darkest days in our great nations history and I can only imagine how much more it just hit home living in New York, but in all the death and destruction folks from around the country and even around the world saw some of the best traits that we as Americans have. Perserverence.

Anyway, I say try and take a nice walk somewhere and think of all the good things you have in your life, Think positive

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
Daemon Poster

Your in 9th grade , enjoy it as long as your can. Life only gets harder as you get older. When i turned 20 i was wondering were the last 10 years went. Now in 2 months ill be 21.. geeez

AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
Corsair CM2 X 512 x 2 A-6400
Nvidia 7600 GS 256 MB PCI-E 16x
jo5h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 AM   #13
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to Luda

ahh to be care free and innocent. i always bitched @ my parents for smoking and drinking, and swore id never have a fling with mary jane. but things change, your friends change, your life style changes.

when i was a kid i wanted to be a naval aviator, flying F-14 Tomcats. then i found out my vision wasnt good enough, and at the time i couldnt get surgery to correct it [since the procedure at the time involved cutting the outer layer of your eye to fix your vision. which in turn means when you pull 9gs you eye rip open] so i switched to computers. built my fix 'gaming' rig at the age of 9. and that was 10 years ago. and it seems like yesterday.

my first 2 years of highschool i was a straight edged kid. didnt drink, didnt smoke, no drugs what so ever, no parties, no late nights. just being a kid. then i Became the Varsity wrestling captain, and got invite to parties and shit. now i smoke cigarettes, 1/2 a pack a day. i drink socially, and have a fling with mary jane now and then.

shit changes, but you just have to make the best of it.
Dell E1705 | Intel Core 2 duo 2GHZ | 2GB DDR2 667MHZ | 7950GTX 512MB @ 666/800
Luda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #14
Send a message via MSN to j03

Yeah, i know how you feel. It's a gradual incline. Right now, i dont really care what happens in my incline... That's great. Isnt it?
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #15
Golden Master

I've never smoked... or drank... or did drugs and no have plans to do so.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #16
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to Kage

I've never met one person yet that says they don't drink once they hit around 18
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:32 PM   #17
Daemon Poster
Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

I started smoking at the age of 13, I was drinking from the age of about 12, the usual, bottles of cider down the park.

Its nothing to be proud of, now days I still like a good drink, and I still smoke, but its recognising that things sometimes need to be taken in moderation. My life is pretty much what I thought it might be, my only thing which I regret was losing the girl of my dreams, was with her for nearly 6 years, and she is still my best friend, but when it comes to it, too much water has passed under the bridge to get back together.

I have a good job, one which enables me to ensure that others whom have never had what I had, get something out of their life.

So my life is good, although my mates sometimes cause me more stress then really necessary, but they are the best of mates, and I enjoy it all

AMD Athlon 64, 2200 (11x200) 3700+,ASRock 939S56-M, SiS 756 AMD Hammer,NVIDIA GeForce 6600LE, 2048(DDR SDRAM), Maxtor 5A300J0 300GB 5400RPM, Ultra ATA/133)

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote