Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
Baseband Member
 
xlnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 75
Default Its soo darn cold

its sooo bloody cold..
its 0 degrees in birmingham, england
terrible weather..
how about where you are?..
__________________

__________________
3.6GHz Intel Pentium D Processor
2x250 GB
512 MB
2x1024 MB RAM
2270KB/s
xlnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

72 degrees, sunny, with a bit of overcast every once in awhile. Weather here never gets too cold all year long. I believe the coldest temp here where I'm at never goes below 34 degrees. I've been in -40 degree weather before in Utah, so the California weather is nothing to me. I say bring on the cold.
__________________

__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

-3*C (27F) in thaxted, UK. went down to -8*C (17F) last night...

its cold!!
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:22 PM   #4
Baseband Member
 
xlnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 75
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
72 degrees, sunny, with a bit of overcast every once in awhile. Weather here never gets too cold all year long. I believe the coldest temp here where I'm at never goes below 34 degrees. I've been in -40 degree weather before in Utah, so the California weather is nothing to me. I say bring on the cold.
lol
sweet
i think... you a forecaster?
__________________
3.6GHz Intel Pentium D Processor
2x250 GB
512 MB
2x1024 MB RAM
2270KB/s
xlnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
The Amish Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,034
Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

0* Celsius? That's not cold, here in Michigan it get down below 0* F somtimes during the winter.
__________________
The Amish computer:
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

currently -4C
last night -8.5C
The coldest weather where I've been in here was maybe -37C
The coldest I've seen in Finland was -51.5 a few years ago. But that place was quite much to the north from where I live.
__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
UK31337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,776
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
currently -4C
last night -8.5C
The coldest weather where I've been in here was maybe -37C
The coldest I've seen in Finland was -51.5 a few years ago. But that place was quite much to the north from where I live.
I'm good friends with a Finnish girl (From Helsinki) - I'll ask her about that when she comes back to Scotland, but she did say Lapland gets pretty cold

It's supposed to hit -11 in parts of Scotland over night, Edinburgh's hitting -4 I think. Celsius.
__________________
Master of common sense. If you don't like it, stop reading.
UK31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:42 PM   #8
Daemon Poster
 
Natalya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

we are gonna have one of the hottest new years days recorded. they are saying 46 degrees celcius...

its to hot for the beach even. i guess its lock yourself in the house and blast the AC weather haha
__________________
IBM - Idiots Become Managers
Natalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:47 PM   #9
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbuc87uk
I'm good friends with a Finnish girl (From Helsinki) - I'll ask her about that when she comes back to Scotland, but she did say Lapland gets pretty cold

It's supposed to hit -11 in parts of Scotland over night, Edinburgh's hitting -4 I think. Celsius.
What, u don't believe what I'm saying!?

And yes Lapland get's "pretty cold", right now it's about -20C in a place in Lapland where I go every winter.
Once while I was downhillskiing there it was -37C, and I was standing on top of a 700+ m hill. And it was raining snow.
I'm telling u, it was quite cold. But nothing I can't handle
__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:57 PM   #10
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Its soo darn cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya
we are gonna have one of the hottest new years days recorded. they are saying 46 degrees celcius...

its to hot for the beach even. i guess its lock yourself in the house and blast the AC weather haha
Ill swap! you can have some snow, and cold. ill happily swap for 46*C!!
thats the kinda temperatures it was when i was out in egypt last summer, it was good when we got to the dive sites and could jump into the sea to cool off!
__________________

__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0