It's illegal because...

Cigs do not impair your judgement. Alcohol only impairs your judgement if you have too much. Weed is not something that can be done in moderation. By that I mean every time you smoke weed, you get high. Everytime you drink you don't necessarily have to be drunk, and everytime you smoke....well you just smell like cigs. Another reason weed is illegal is because it is a gateway drug. I've never met anyone in my life that only smokes weed. Pot smokers always want something more, a better high, that's where the hardcore drugs come in. That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

False, It takes a fair sized joint to get me at all jolly, i can smoke a couple cones before I even get slightly buzzed.

If you're not a regular smoker, the CO will make you lightheaded and dizzy, this could impare you quite a lot.

The amount of alcohol you need to consume to impair you varies massively, what gets me slightly drunk would have my missus on the floor, and so on.

Cigs do not impair your judgement. Alcohol only impairs your judgement if you have too much. Weed is not something that can be done in moderation. By that I mean every time you smoke weed, you get high. Everytime you drink you don't necessarily have to be drunk, and everytime you smoke....well you just smell like cigs. Another reason weed is illegal is because it is a gateway drug. I've never met anyone in my life that only smokes weed. Pot smokers always want something more, a better high, that's where the hardcore drugs come in. That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but this post caught my eye. To counter this arguement, I'll start by saying I know 3 or 4 people who have smoked pot all their lives and have never moved onto hardcore drugs. I also know those same people have varrying degrees of "high-ness" and that they may have smoked a joint or two and they function fine but have a small and/or steady buzz going - much like being tipsy while drinking.

False, It takes a fair sized joint to get me at all jolly, i can smoke a couple cones before I even get slightly buzzed.

If you're not a regular smoker, the CO will make you lightheaded and dizzy, this could impare you quite a lot.

The amount of alcohol you need to consume to impair you varies massively, what gets me slightly drunk would have my missus on the floor, and so on.

But the point is do you get high? Secondly, yea u can get buzzed while smoking cigs but noone does it for the buzz except me, and I only smoke 1 every night before bed. That is all. And alcohol is still able to be consumed in moderation without making you drunk. Some people drink just because they like the taste? Why do people smoke weed? The taste? NO. I've never met anyone in my life that likes the taste of weed. People smoke it to get high or "buzzed". Sugarcoat it however you want but it still is what it is...there's no getting around it.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but this post caught my eye. To counter this arguement, I'll start by saying I know 3 or 4 people who have smoked pot all their lives and have never moved onto hardcore drugs. I also know those same people have varrying degrees of "high-ness" and that they may have smoked a joint or two and they function fine but have a small and/or steady buzz going - much like being tipsy while drinking.

Also 3 to 4 people really? Man thats alot. How many people do you know that smoke weed total that have never tried anything else...like really what is the percent? And being tipsy is still considered drunk, it is just a low level drunk. Just like getting "buzzed" is a low level high. Call it what you want, but I call it what it is.

Back
Top Bottom