Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #21
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: iTouch

It's basically a gimped iPhone without a camera and with no way of calling people. The software is essentially the same as the iPhone software, just with things added and taken out.

As an iPod/Apple alternative seeker, the new Microsoft Zune 80 is definately a contender. Don't think for one moment that just because "M$" made this product that you should dismiss it. It's a powerhouse and easily the ONLY true iPod competitor with a complete package of hardware, software and services. Not even Creative can offer that.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #22
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to culexor

thats the same thing with the 5th generation iPod...people kept calling it the ipod video....its just ipod, that really grinds my gears

Desktop: Phenom II B50 3.1Ghz, 4GB DDR2 800, Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P, 2x 1TB RAID0, GTX 460 1GB, OCZ 600W, ABS Black Pearl

Laptop: i5 430M 2.26Ghz, 4GB DDR3 1066, 500GB WD Blue, Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB (discrete)
culexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #23
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

Originally Posted by mark thorpe View Post
ive dropped my iphone (basiclly a touch with a hellalot more buttons) a couple of times and its been fine.. ive got a rubber cover for it, so it just bounces..
I've dropped mine 3 times. Twice on my wood floor, once on the locker room floor. I have the tiniest little dent, barely noticeable right near the power button. I have the iSkin Revo case and I haven't dropped it yet, but it should hopefully be alright if I ever do.
"I Don't like to repeat successes. I like to move on to other things." - Walt Disney
Proud Chrome OS Pilot Program participant
joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #24
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
it sounds more sexual, which in american advertising=good
They have to use a different name to make it more sexual, if it was a car they'd just get some blonde bimbo with big knockers to lay on it, but if its an iPod, that might break it, and i dont think "layed on by a model" is covered in the warranty, So....

If only they could rename this thread "ill founded gripes with modern lingual patterns by possible nutcases"

New laptop:
2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor :: nVidia GT150m :: 15.6" HD LCD :: 4gb RAM :: 320gb HDD

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote