Israeli troops, tanks enter Gaza

I guess it depends whose GOD is right

Both sides said their god ordained them that piece of land...

Maybe God should decend from the heavens on steps of clouds and just draw a line in the sand telling Jews on one side and Muslims on the other :D

that would be a nice argument if God existed.

I guess it depends whose GOD is right

Both sides said their god ordained them that piece of land...

Maybe God should decend from the heavens on steps of clouds and just draw a line in the sand telling Jews on one side and Muslims on the other :D

jews and muslims and christians all believe in the same God

Eyeless in Gaza

But then I read a blog by Atlantic writer Jeffrey Goldberg recounting his interview with Nizzar Rayyan, the Hamas leader who was killed by Israeli bombs last week. "This is what he said when I asked him if he could envision a 50-year hudna (or cease-fire) with Israel: 'The only reason to have a hudna is to prepare yourself for the final battle. We don't need 50 years to prepare ourselves for the final battle with Israel.' There is no chance, he said, that true Islam would ever allow a Jewish state to survive in the Muslim Middle East. 'Israel is an impossibility. It is an offense against God... You [Jews] are murderers of the prophets and you have closed your ears to the Messenger of Allah.... Jews tried to kill the Prophet, peace be unto him. All throughout history, you have stood in opposition to the word of God.'"

And I thought, How can you negotiate with people who reject your nation's right to exist, and whose version of religion calls you a murderous race?

Gaza horrors sow seeds for future violence

SDEROT, Israel -- Mohammed Abu Hassanin may be a young boy, but he's old enough to know he's scared of the attacks being launched by Israel in Gaza.
"When the Jews bomb us when we are asleep, [Hassanin] says 'We get scared,' " a translator says.

Hassanin is one boy from Gaza speaking frankly to an anchor on Hamas TV about the attacks, which have gone on for 10 days.

Children like him have accounted for one-third of the casualties at Gaza's main hospital, foreign doctors say. And now Hamas and their media are making them the face of the attacks.
The children have seen terrible images of tragedy: their friends injured or killed and bloodied bodies in the streets.

They are images Hassanin says he will never forget. He'll keep them stored away until he's old enough to do something about it.
"When we will grow up, we will bomb them back," a CNN translator quoted the boy saying on Hamas TV.

It's a sentiment psychiatrists in Gaza say could be responsible a frightening future --* that the violence children are witnessing will sow the seeds for future violence.
video.gif
Watch how Arab media is covering the crisis »
In Gaza, a little girl wails as she talks about her friend who was killed in an attack on a Hamas house.

"She could be my sister," the girl tearfully says. "She is my friend but maybe my sister could die some day I don't know -- I am afraid."
Gaza psychiatrist Eyad el Sarraj said similar trauma to children following past Palestinian intifadas has led to violent results.

"Today children are experiencing a serious kind of trauma, and I fear for the future," el Sarraj said. "The children of the first intifada were throwing stones at the Israeli troops. Amd because of the trauma they were subjected to, ten years later, the same children became suicide bombers."
Nowhere is safe for the children, and many are without food.

On Sunday, Save the Children staff members delivered food parcels to 641 families -- or nearly 6,000 people, including more than 3,000 children -- in Gaza City, east Jabalyah, Beit Lahia, Beit Hanoun and Um Al Nasser. But the group said the continuous air assaults and ground fighting are making movement dangerous for needy families.

"The situation has reached a critical level for children who are exposed to and experiencing violence, fear and uncertainty," said Annie Foster, Save the Children's team leader for the emergency response in the region.

"Parents are facing enormous challenges to protecting and caring for their children. Either they cannot leave their house to attend to basic needs for fear of being caught in the crossfire -- or they are being forced from their homes, into harm's way, to find shelter."
In the streets of Gaza, where Israeli ground forces are operating, and on the Israeli side, where Hamas rockets are being launched, the streets are empty. Even playgrounds for children are equipped with bunkers.

Sirens wail on the Israeli side warning of Hamas rocket attacks. When asked what they think when they hear the sound, the children respond with only one word: "Fear."
The threat of Hamas rockets in the south of Israel is taken so seriously that almost all the schools within rocket range of Gaza have locked their gates and told children not to come to school. According to the Israeli government, 300,000 students are affected.

The threat to children is something, perhaps the only thing, that people on both sides of the border agree on.
Gaby Schrieber, an Israeli psychiatrist at Barzilai Hospital, says Israeli children get excellent help and structured support * -- something he fears children in Gaza won't be receiving.

And if they don't get the support they need or hope for a better future, Schrieber worries what will happen to them.
"Where is hope for them, and how can they structure their future in their minds?" Schrieber said. "They can become extremists."

CNN's Mallory Simon contributed to this report.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/05/gaza.children/index.html

All this because Hamas can't keep their rockets to themselves. What's really sad is the fact that the Palestinians voted those jokers into office. I wonder if any of them are having second thoughts on their choice?

what surprises me is that they would fire into Israel knowing a much worse retaliation would be coming for them.

but they are cowards it isnt even coming for them its coming for innocent people in Palestine
the terrorists hide away underground and in safe places and when Israel fires retaliatory attacks it ends up killing innocent people not the terrorists that are creating the problems after all

Back
Top Bottom