Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #21
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Ironmaiden6669 >> Reiyoku

Lol he's stronger. Although still no match for me in a fight, thank you Tae Kwon Do.
__________________

__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #22
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Ironmaiden6669 >> Reiyoku

Tae Kwon Do..

Ha, my Instructor hates that still.

Well, my old Sensei. I did shudokan, he he was always complaining about our members who did that before shudokan because he felt it wasn't as "wholesome" as our style.

I do admit though, you could just get a black belt in their for time in the system, not talent.

Took me 6 years to get my black belt in my style. in your style it could take as little as 2. They basically give them away.

not bashing you or your style. But that kinda is how it is.. at least thats how it is at the schools over here.
__________________

__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #23
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Ironmaiden6669 >> Reiyoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Tae Kwon Do..

Ha, my Instructor hates that still.

Well, my old Sensei. I did shudokan, he he was always complaining about our members who did that before shudokan because he felt it wasn't as "wholesome" as our style.

I do admit though, you could just get a black belt in their for time in the system, not talent.

Took me 6 years to get my black belt in my style. in your style it could take as little as 2. They basically give them away.

not bashing you or your style. But that kinda is how it is.. at least thats how it is at the schools over here.
Taekwando; "The way of the foot and the fist"
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #24
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: Ironmaiden6669 >> Reiyoku

do you google these things or do you just know them off the top of your head?!
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #25
Golden Master
 
Thelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,410
Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis
Default Re: Ironmaiden6669 >> Reiyoku

Google; A noun used as a verb to express searching the interwebs through a web page.
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #26
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Ironmaiden6669 >> Reiyoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
do you google these things or do you just know them off the top of your head?!
About 70% - 30% ha ha!, er, um, Wikipedia this one, blush
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #27
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Ironmaiden6669 >> Reiyoku

I'll admit some schools do give black belts for time. One of my friends was in it for two years and got his. My school, however, goes by skill and skill alone. It took me four years to get Jo-bon-do black (intro to black, no degree_ and another 3/4 year to get my first degree.

Worth every minute though. It's gotten me out of some tricky situations.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #28
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Ironmaiden6669 >> Reiyoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
I'll admit some schools do give black belts for time. One of my friends was in it for two years and got his. My school, however, goes by skill and skill alone. It took me four years to get Jo-bon-do black (intro to black, no degree_ and another 3/4 year to get my first degree.

Worth every minute though. It's gotten me out of some tricky situations.
You ought to have a talk with Arrizx, he's way way up in the ranks of hand to hand sports & got his black belt some time back.
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0