Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-28-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to myles363
Default Re: ipod vs zune

i have both but dont use either to much...i may have not found it yet, but does the zune tell you the time?? i havent look for it. and yeah the navigation is a bit wierd. but with the zune you have radio with i like. both have pros and cons, just like anything else.

Antec 300 Case | 650 Watt PS | MSI 750a SLI Platinum Mobo | Athlon 64x2 5400 Black Edition | Xigmatek HDT S1283 HS | 2x Bfg 9800gt OC+ Running SLI | 160 & 500 GB Hard Drives | Ocz Reaper 4GB | Asus CD/DVD Burner
myles363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #12
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

yeah, the Zune has time, you just have to set it up. The Wireless sync are not used as what mikee286 said. The wireless sync is for if you have your Zune somewhere, and you are not near your computer, you can just start the Sync on your PC without having to go get it and plug it in. Its a pretty nice feature to use once in awhile when i dont feel like getting up. But in the end its pretty pointless as it does waste quite a lot of battery.

The Zune software takes up way too much CPU and RAM utilization.

The Ipod Nano and Zune 4/8/16 are pretty much only $10 in difference at most places. They look quite alike. The only difference was the "hold switch" position IIRC.

I dont really have a preference in MP3 players, as long as it has enough space, and plays mp3 formats, it'll do. I like to have my MP3 player as my Mp3 player, and PSP as Video/gaming, Phone as Phone, Camera as Camera, and ETC. Im one of those type of guys.

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 AM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

I love my Zune. Plays any songs and videos that I want. Doesn't accept a wide variety of codecs and formats, but that's why I use Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate. Not only that, but the whole Zune UI is smooth and works well.

The Zune Software is pretty good. It is a bit resource heavy, but in terms of functionality and ease of use, it's great. I'd gladly use it even if I didn't have a Zune and just to play music.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #14
Fully Optimized

I'd rather a Zune because I hate Itunes. I think Creative Zen looks pretty cool.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

ipods are alright, i just dont feel you get your moneys worth.
i mean creative zens are cheaper, and have nice perks such as FM tuners.
if the 8gb touch was 99 and the 16gb and 32gb ones were under 200 then maybe if would be alright.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

Ipods and infact all apple products are fashion accessories.

Thats why im a proud owner of an iphone!!

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
ipods are alright, i just dont feel you get your moneys worth.
i mean creative zens are cheaper, and have nice perks such as FM tuners.
if the 8gb touch was 99 and the 16gb and 32gb ones were under 200 then maybe if would be alright.
You're just paying for the Apple logo and no FM Tuner so you can avoid interference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
Ipods and infact all apple products are fashion accessories.

Thats why im a proud owner of an iphone!!
Yes, you're correct, they're just fashion accessories.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

the iphone ... yea it really is a sexy bit of kit. thats all though. i paid 110 for my new phone. it has a 5mp autofocus camera, memory card slot, wifi, gps, and tons of other stuff. an iphone is much more and the best thing it can do is play music (good music player, everything else on the phone is pretty standard). yea the 3G is better i guess, but still, its more of an mp3 player with a built in phone. then again people seem to prefer style over functionality these days. just sucks for people like me who much prefer a feature rich phone. its all about making money though and people buy iphones. i guess they have no reason to change them.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #19
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Talk about biased.
yea, they go on for a fair bit about the whole wireless stuff there.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #20
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
the iphone ... yea it really is a sexy bit of kit. thats all though. i paid 110 for my new phone. it has a 5mp autofocus camera, memory card slot, wifi, gps, and tons of other stuff. an iphone is much more and the best thing it can do is play music (good music player, everything else on the phone is pretty standard). yea the 3G is better i guess, but still, its more of an mp3 player with a built in phone. then again people seem to prefer style over functionality these days. just sucks for people like me who much prefer a feature rich phone. its all about making money though and people buy iphones. i guess they have no reason to change them.
When will people realize that it isn't always about the features? Who gives a damn about features if they're implemented poorly? Windows Mobile is a prime example of that. Out of the box, Windows Mobile is slow, complicated, and bulky. I've tried great phones that were ruined by the piss poor implementation of Windows Mobile.

The iPhone may have fewer features, but the features that do come included are simple, easy, and intuitive to use. Apple is the only manufacturer that focuses on both software and hardware. Regardless of whether or not you like them or not, you have to agree with that.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote