ipod vs zune

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I am trying to decide between the microsoft zune and apples ipod is there any videos or websites that compare the speed, graphics, features, etc. of the software and/or device

speed? Uh?

Graphics? Uh?

Features:
I had an Apple I-pod 2 gen and currently using a zune 8 gig. Personally I don't really care about the features, but the zune has recently added a marketplace. So now you can buy stuff from your zune. It also has a radio tuner which I think the Ipod doesn't have. Both have games.

Software: I hate both their software. I thought zune would be simply and let me sync through wmp but no...i had to download more crap. I also hate apple's media player too.

Both devices are pretty solid. Their screens aren't HUGE, but why would you want them to be (unless you are really dedicated to watching movies on a small screen which is a pain in my opinion)

http://www.zunescene.com/comparison/

^ oh yea, that 24 hour battery life is totally bs. I could only use it for like 5

are you talking about the Zune or Ipod?

I used an 2nd Gen Ipod Nano, and an 2nd Gen Zune. The Ipod was faulty when i first got it. The Zune works fine so far (currently have.
One good thing about the Ipod is that its Mac and PC compatible, while the the Zune is only compatible with Windows.
I prefer the menu and controls over the Ipod, I didnt like doing to circle thing. I also like that when you plug in the Zune, it wont tell you to delete every song just to sync with a few songs from another computer. Which is pretty nice to have. Though i never tried it, so i dont know how that works.

Its all based on preference. Some people prefer the Ipod, while others prefer the Zune. I would say go to a store, and try them both out, and see which one you like.
You can look at the price to help you decide too, but dont save a few $$ in opposing on what you really want. I think the Touch is way too much IMO.

I have a 5th generation video iPod. I love it. It goes with me everywhere. I was considering getting a Zune for my sister. I just don't like the navigation buttons. I'm just used to the iPod. I am a bit biased. It's a solid product that has lasted me a long time. The back does scratched too easily, but I have a cover on it. I think the iPods have a larger memory capacity, correct me if I'm wrong on that. Plus, you can use your iPod as an external drive, haha.

I have a 5th generation video iPod. I love it. It goes with me everywhere. I was considering getting a Zune for my sister. I just don't like the navigation buttons. I'm just used to the iPod. I am a bit biased. It's a solid product that has lasted me a long time. The back does scratched too easily, but I have a cover on it. I think the iPods have a larger memory capacity, correct me if I'm wrong on that. Plus, you can use your iPod as an external drive, haha.

Agreed. I'm currently on my second ipod in 5 years and I'd buy another one without any hesitations. Say what you want about apple, but they make a solid product and I think it's worth the extra cost.

As for the zune, I've never owned one and don't really have any experience with it but I've played around with them in stores and I can't say I'm a really huge fan of them. I think they're kind of funky looking but they do have some neat features such as an FM tuner which I'd like to see on the ipod.

if storage isn't a big issue ipod touch pwns the zune imo. Even though the zune has wifi it can only be used to wireless sync songs from your computer which I think is pointless anyway since if you are within wifi range of your computer you may as well just walk a few feet over to your computer plug in and sync.

I have an ipod touch 2g and I think it is awesome because even though I only have 16 gb I have a last fm account so with their iphone app I can listen to pretty much anything I want. Also you have apps and web browsing.

I cant stand itunes, its slow, frequently crashes and I dont ever feel like I have total control over it. I feel like it controls me.

That being said, I still love my Ipod and would never buy a Zune.

Back
Top Bottom