To the Iphone owners

Okay so I've decided to get a 16GB Iphone for a play phone. I'm still going to keep my Tilt for work then just swap the sim when I go out. I just can't resist the larger screen and more responsive browser etc.

But I've got some questions and I know quite a few members here have the Iphone already.

1. I was in the At&t store the other day but I forgot to ask what firmware comes on the new 3G's. Are they being released with 2.2 now or what version ships with the phone.

2. I've been looking around at "Jail breaking" and want to know how your results have been and which firmware your using. Also what app did you use to Jailbreak and could you link me a reference site with instructions.

3. Now I gather I can use Itunes to download music directly to my phone. Can I also download Itunes movies to my phone also then transfer to my PC? And does the Iphone's Itunes have the radio streaming like the PC version?

4. A slight follow up to question 3 here. I have a relatively small bandwidth cap with my provider and would really like to be able to download movie's and songs directly to my Iphone through my works Wifi then transfer them to my computer at home. IE upload to say Imageshack's virtual drive then download them to my phone at work.

5. Looking for recommendations for a case. I was looking at the following combo set. Innocase II Surface Combo or the elago iPhone 3G Slim Fit Case. Any one have either of the these or what case's are you using? Also a good screen protector that keeps the screen looking glossy.

6. Good sites to download apps and widgets. I've been looking through this thread and they have some really cool setups. Where is a good site to find custom skins. I'm sure there are some references in there but I don't want to search hundreds of page's looking.

Thanks

first off
iphone is an amazing phone trust me you will soon ditch your tilt as the 3rd party support and hacking support is amazing
second
jail breaking is soooooooo easy im actuly making a guide as we speak so as soon as its done ill p/m you
3rd you can no using hacks use your iphone as a mobile internet source over 3g

5. Looking for recommendations for a case. I was looking at the following combo set. Innocase II Surface Combo or the elago iPhone 3G Slim Fit Case. Any one have either of the these or what case's are you using? Also a good screen protector that keeps the screen looking glossy.

Check out the Invisible Shield.

You fail man... lol, tilt is great, but I have to say, I love the multi-touch of the iphone and the amazing responsiveness... Time to step it up HTC!!

They do, but they are all the same for the most part...Nothing great really, the HD has a high res, and big pretty screen, but no multi-touch or anything...

first off
iphone is an amazing phone trust me you will soon ditch your tilt as the 3rd party support and hacking support is amazing
second
jail breaking is soooooooo easy im actuly making a guide as we speak so as soon as its done ill p/m you
3rd you can no using hacks use your iphone as a mobile internet source over 3g

noob. windows mobile had more third party support than the iphone has now, before the iphone was even released.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;875176 said:
Okay so I've decided to get a 16GB Iphone for a play phone. I'm still going to keep my Tilt for work then just swap the sim when I go out. I just can't resist the larger screen and more responsive browser etc.

But I've got some questions and I know quite a few members here have the Iphone already.

1. I was in the At&t store the other day but I forgot to ask what firmware comes on the new 3G's. Are they being released with 2.2 now or what version ships with the phone.

2. I've been looking around at "Jail breaking" and want to know how your results have been and which firmware your using. Also what app did you use to Jailbreak and could you link me a reference site with instructions.

3. Now I gather I can use Itunes to download music directly to my phone. Can I also download Itunes movies to my phone also then transfer to my PC? And does the Iphone's Itunes have the radio streaming like the PC version?

4. A slight follow up to question 3 here. I have a relatively small bandwidth cap with my provider and would really like to be able to download movie's and songs directly to my Iphone through my works Wifi then transfer them to my computer at home. IE upload to say Imageshack's virtual drive then download them to my phone at work.

6. Good sites to download apps and widgets. I've been looking through this thread and they have some really cool setups. Where is a good site to find custom skins. I'm sure there are some references in there but I don't want to search hundreds of page's looking.

Thanks

1. No idea... I gat my 3G the 2nd day it came out...

2. Never Jail broke my phone... with so many 3rd party apps available just done see the need 2...

3. You can download movies from app store and then store them in your Itune... I dont know about transfering it to other places, never tryed it..

4. yes u can do that, the WiFi speed is very good, I get about 1.5MB on my phone.

5. Only you can decide what case is best for you. I use something like this http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CSL4SF-H

6. I know app store haz lots of free wallpapers, never changed the skin on myne tho...

Cheers

noob. windows mobile had more third party support than the iphone has now, before the iphone was even released.

Considering the iPhone is only one phone and Windows Mobile consists of multiple phones, I'd be surprised if the iPhone has more third party development.

Despite all that, the iPhone has a very strong developer base.

Back
Top Bottom