Okay so I've decided to get a 16GB Iphone for a play phone. I'm still going to keep my Tilt for work then just swap the sim when I go out. I just can't resist the larger screen and more responsive browser etc.
But I've got some questions and I know quite a few members here have the Iphone already.
1. I was in the At&t store the other day but I forgot to ask what firmware comes on the new 3G's. Are they being released with 2.2 now or what version ships with the phone.
2. I've been looking around at "Jail breaking" and want to know how your results have been and which firmware your using. Also what app did you use to Jailbreak and could you link me a reference site with instructions.
3. Now I gather I can use Itunes to download music directly to my phone. Can I also download Itunes movies to my phone also then transfer to my PC? And does the Iphone's Itunes have the radio streaming like the PC version?
4. A slight follow up to question 3 here. I have a relatively small bandwidth cap with my provider and would really like to be able to download movie's and songs directly to my Iphone through my works Wifi then transfer them to my computer at home. IE upload to say Imageshack's virtual drive then download them to my phone at work.
5. Looking for recommendations for a case. I was looking at the following combo set. Innocase II Surface Combo
or the elago iPhone 3G Slim Fit Case
. Any one have either of the these or what case's are you using? Also a good screen protector that keeps the screen looking glossy.
6. Good sites to download apps and widgets. I've been looking through this thread
and they have some really cool setups. Where is a good site to find custom skins. I'm sure there are some references in there but I don't want to search hundreds of page's looking.