iPad?

You are so full of it.

No, I'm not. Have you ever watched any movie with fast motion? Same concept, you can see each frame.

The update for multitasking will come in November.

IDK how much it'll do with only 256MB of RAM. 128 on my iPhone wouldn't let me do anything more than browse and listen to internet radio, and it would run out and crash if I had more than four tabs open. The iPad has twice as much, but I have a feeling that iPad apps are much more resource heavy than apps on the EDGE iPhone.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1061264 said:
That made me laugh considering TV shows playback at 30FPS. I guess that's got to be pretty painful too.

It actually is for some things. I got a migraine last time I watched a football game. Regular TV shows are fine because there isn't a whole lot of fast movement.

What's worse is movie theaters that don't have digital projectors. The screen goes black each frame.

I'm quite happy to watch movies on a 4:3 screen, aslong as it's a good quality screen (Im told the iPad screen is good)! As far as web surfing goes, i'm pretty sure i'll just get the WiFi version for now and surf the internet on works WIFI at lunch.

Not insane, really. 30FPS wouldn't give me a headache, but I could do with better.

And J? You're just a sucker for Apple products and you know it.
I see nothing wrong with the iPad, except the cost. For what it costs, you could buy a decent netbook, buy 2GB RAM and a nice SSD (Vertex/Agility 2, anyone?) And probably get a lot more done.

Everything a ipad does my cell can do. Its nothing special. Not even practical or cheep. I don't see its nitch.
Waste of carbon.

And J? You're just a sucker for Apple products and you know it.

What the hell does this mean? You think I'm biased simply because I enjoy their products? Give me a break. Just because I'm one of a few members on this forum who doesn't bash Apple without merit doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between a great product and a mediocre piece of crap. Perhaps Apple makes great products? Have you thought about that?

I see nothing wrong with the iPad, except the cost. For what it costs, you could buy a decent netbook, buy 2GB RAM and a nice SSD (Vertex/Agility 2, anyone?) And probably get a lot more done.

If you think the iPad is so expensive, name a similar tablet that's being offered at a lower price. Samsung Tab, BlackBerry PlayBook - all rumored to be priced more than the iPad.

foothead said:
IDK how much it'll do with only 256MB of RAM. 128 on my iPhone wouldn't let me do anything more than browse and listen to internet radio, and it would run out and crash if I had more than four tabs open. The iPad has twice as much, but I have a feeling that iPad apps are much more resource heavy than apps on the EDGE iPhone.

You're comparing a first generation iPhone to an iPad. Are you freaking kidding me? It's more than simply RAM you know.

Come to think of it, you're just unbelievable. Your demands are just so asinine that it makes me wonder how you function in a normal world.

Take a chill pill everyone, J Likes Apple, Foothead is picky and Grantofhell is on a boat... Deal with it.

Anyway. I'll be playing with some netbooks and the ipad on thursday because they both sound like very viable options for what i want to do.

If you are planning on getting an iPad, I would wait a few months for the next revision in January. Shouldn't be that far off.

From what I've seen, there's some people that have actually found a use for the iPad and don't mind the ridiculous cost of it. If that's you, more power to you I guess. Then there's people like me that already don't see any point in having one even if it was free. Tack on the cost of one of these things and I'd rather have a small laptop that can do oh so much more. I've seen them in stores, and one of my friends had one once and they handed it to me. I looked at it and wondered what the heck I was supposed to do with it and gave it back... I guess it's ok for someone that needs a screen bigger than a phone, and a case smaller than a laptop. I personally hate touch screens. There's always something not quite working right with them. I've used my brother's iPhone and that was horrible, so I can't imagine the iPad being any better. It seems like another overpriced and over hyped Apple product...

Back
Top Bottom