Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #11
Omnicide now.

Default Re: iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
You are so full of it.
No, I'm not. Have you ever watched any movie with fast motion? Same concept, you can see each frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
The update for multitasking will come in November.
IDK how much it'll do with only 256MB of RAM. 128 on my iPhone wouldn't let me do anything more than browse and listen to internet radio, and it would run out and crash if I had more than four tabs open. The iPad has twice as much, but I have a feeling that iPad apps are much more resource heavy than apps on the EDGE iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ߧ∩†H♠HŽ€ View Post
That made me laugh considering TV shows playback at 30FPS. I guess that's got to be pretty painful too.
It actually is for some things. I got a migraine last time I watched a football game. Regular TV shows are fine because there isn't a whole lot of fast movement.

What's worse is movie theaters that don't have digital projectors. The screen goes black each frame.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
Golden Master

Foothead.
Your insane lol

Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #13
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

I'm quite happy to watch movies on a 4:3 screen, aslong as it's a good quality screen (Im told the iPad screen is good)! As far as web surfing goes, i'm pretty sure i'll just get the WiFi version for now and surf the internet on works WIFI at lunch.
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Not insane, really. 30FPS wouldn't give me a headache, but I could do with better.

And J? You're just a sucker for Apple products and you know it.
I see nothing wrong with the iPad, except the cost. For what it costs, you could buy a decent netbook, buy 2GB RAM and a nice SSD (Vertex/Agility 2, anyone?) And probably get a lot more done.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #15
Golden Master

Everything a ipad does my cell can do. Its nothing special. Not even practical or cheep. I don't see its nitch.
Waste of carbon.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #16
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
And J? You're just a sucker for Apple products and you know it.
What the hell does this mean? You think I'm biased simply because I enjoy their products? Give me a break. Just because I'm one of a few members on this forum who doesn't bash Apple without merit doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between a great product and a mediocre piece of crap. Perhaps Apple makes great products? Have you thought about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
I see nothing wrong with the iPad, except the cost. For what it costs, you could buy a decent netbook, buy 2GB RAM and a nice SSD (Vertex/Agility 2, anyone?) And probably get a lot more done.
If you think the iPad is so expensive, name a similar tablet that's being offered at a lower price. Samsung Tab, BlackBerry PlayBook - all rumored to be priced more than the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead
IDK how much it'll do with only 256MB of RAM. 128 on my iPhone wouldn't let me do anything more than browse and listen to internet radio, and it would run out and crash if I had more than four tabs open. The iPad has twice as much, but I have a feeling that iPad apps are much more resource heavy than apps on the EDGE iPhone.
You're comparing a first generation iPhone to an iPad. Are you freaking kidding me? It's more than simply RAM you know.

Come to think of it, you're just unbelievable. Your demands are just so asinine that it makes me wonder how you function in a normal world.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #17
Bogan

Take a chill pill everyone, J Likes Apple, Foothead is picky and Grantofhell is on a boat... Deal with it.

Anyway. I'll be playing with some netbooks and the ipad on thursday because they both sound like very viable options for what i want to do.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #18
Golden Master

If you are planning on getting an iPad, I would wait a few months for the next revision in January. Shouldn't be that far off.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #19
Fully Optimized

From what I've seen, there's some people that have actually found a use for the iPad and don't mind the ridiculous cost of it. If that's you, more power to you I guess. Then there's people like me that already don't see any point in having one even if it was free. Tack on the cost of one of these things and I'd rather have a small laptop that can do oh so much more. I've seen them in stores, and one of my friends had one once and they handed it to me. I looked at it and wondered what the heck I was supposed to do with it and gave it back... I guess it's ok for someone that needs a screen bigger than a phone, and a case smaller than a laptop. I personally hate touch screens. There's always something not quite working right with them. I've used my brother's iPhone and that was horrible, so I can't imagine the iPad being any better. It seems like another overpriced and over hyped Apple product...
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #20
Bogan

I'll keep that in mind J. Thought its getting pretty boring on the train, i might get a tad impatient