iOS 7

I played with it for a tiny bit on a coworker's phone. Looks a lot like a certain other mobile operating system. Even the iSheep noticed this.

I quite like it. Asked Siri if I could change her voice and she said I couldn't, False advertising
21bj336.png

There is already security flaws iOS 7 security flaws uncovered as new iPhones released

I quite like it. Asked Siri if I could change her voice and she said I couldn't, False advertising

No..no it's not. you just haven't read the list of features properly.

However, it's important to note that not all languages are available in both a male and female voice. Some languages, like UK English and Australian English are only available in one of a male or female voice.

Last edited:
No..no it's not. you just haven't read the list of features properly.

However, it's important to note that not all languages are available in both a male and female voice. Some languages, like UK English and Australian English are only available in one of a male or female voice.

Ah I didn't see that bit. Well hopefully it will come at some point in time.

It's so beautiful
2qa4aqt.jpg
:D

Beautiful.

it's Fugly.

it's like the people at Apple looked at windows mobile and looked at android and decided to try and copy them badly.

it's horrible to use, weird and looks pretty much plain aweful.

the funny thing is that apple have always at least appeared to be leading the way with design, now it looks like they are lacking, I wish I could go back to how it was.

I wouldn't call it Fugly or horrible to use.

What are you doing that makes it horrible? It's not an improvement or decline in my opinion. It's just a different theme. Everything is still working the way I'd expect on my phone, without any trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I think Apple is behind at this point. Jobs was a revolutionary and Apple has fallen behind since he died.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57604876-285/those-cool-ios-7-features-android-does-that-too/

I also so another article, though I can't find it now, that lists some of the "new" features of iOS7 and then what version of Android those same features were available. Several of them have been in android since 2.2. Again, this is a good or bad thing...it's just Apple is no longer revolutionary, they are just competing.

I really think now that Jobs is gone, we are seeing much more of a Wizard of Oz thing, where Apple is still trying to be this giant, powerful figure, but really it's just barely hanging on behind the curtain.

Last edited:
I am a bit conservative on this matter. I like the simplicity of the recent iOS's. With iOS7 I personally believe that Apple has made a mistake. They have moved away from the simplicity of the OS to a more clutted OS. In my opinion it looks a lot like Android which isn't my cup of tea. If I had the final word I would keep the simplicity of iOS6 but with some minor changes regarding the battery-use.

it's like the people at Apple looked at windows mobile and looked at android and decided to try and copy them badly.

It's just a different theme.

I would strongly side with root on this one. That exact thing went through my head when I first updated. It looks like they tried to take some GUI lessons from MS.

it's horrible to use, weird and looks pretty much plain aweful.

IMHO, it's another attempt at feature integration and plagiarism that is straying from what I considered to be one of the niche user experience design models Apple followed. Simplicity. No matter how powerful the device, the GUI was always very basic, easy to use and stable. They seemed to have gone down a path of more features and screens when they really shouldn't have, and didn't have to.

I think Apple is behind at this point. Jobs was a revolutionary and Apple has fallen behind since he died.

They're a business now, no longer the guy who started it all. He created and evolved an idea. They are simply concerned with profit now.

I really think now that Jobs is gone, we are seeing much more of a Wizard of Oz thing, where Apple is still trying to be this giant, powerful figure, but really it's just barely hanging on behind the curtain.

I agree it's changed, but I don't agree that they are in any danger. Their revenue stream is so massive, no amount of GUI changes or failed product ventures are going to hang them dry. They'll win some, and lose some, but they'll be around for a very long time. Now that Jobs is gone though, it's not the same, and unfortunately probably never will be.

They've just changed things.
Some things for better some things for worse...

The theme to my mind is just terrible.
I guess rounded corners are no longer so cool, but all the square multi colour boxes just make me think that the designer thought windows 8 looked good (unless apple are trying to get a copyright thing against ms next like when they took on Samsung)

I find the calendar is now just a bit weird and difficult to use to add appointments to, but (now that I found it) I like the swipe left swipe right to change the date.

The app manager is good, but the lack of lock sort of means it's easy to swipe one way too far and it be difficult to get things to a point where you can either switch to them or close them.

I don't like that there is only a mini plater for music on the app centre, and no way to access by double tapping home and swiping across, music has always seemed pretty core to the iOS, now it seems to lag a bit as a not so prominent feature.

The new icons for things I also find a bit hit and miss, but mostly miss in a looks like a rip off of certain other os's

I guess there is a lot of stuff that's changed seemingly just for the sake if it rather than because it adds anything in terms of either usability or style.

To my mind it ends up feeling like a bad copy of existing other companies products rather than a fresh new apple product.

Back
Top Bottom