Interview with Oshkosh Defense tomorrow!

superman22x

Golden Master
I have an interview with Oshkosh Corporation tomorrow for a mechanical engineering position. Never had a legit interview so I'm not really sure what to expect... haha

Anyone have any good tips?

For those that don't know Oshkosh, this is what they make:

482511.1-lg.jpg

459613.1-lg.jpg

hseries6.jpg

nred29.jpg

^^ You forgot the airport fire-engines they make :) See them being delivered on semis all the time in this part of Wisconsin.

Something my employee (and the job I turned down for this job) both said they liked about me was how I didn't claim to know everything. Assuming Oshkosh is the same, don't be afraid to say you don't know the answer to something, but still try and give an educated answer based upon what you do know. It shows that you are not self-centered/all-knowing and can use your brain.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Yeah, those fire engines are sweet, they showed us those at the info session last night.

Yes, they are... Always cool to see them in a convoy off somewhere.

And you're welcome. Good luck with it. Oshkosh is a great company and would defiantly look good on your resume later.

Yes, they are... Always cool to see them in a convoy off somewhere.

And you're welcome. Good luck with it. Oshkosh is a great company and would defiantly look good on your resume later.
Yeah, I'm not really expecting to get anything since the guy I talked to yesterday basically said they really hire Jr.s And Sr.s. But it is good practice interviewing. And then there is next year.

Well even with that being the case, if they really like you, they might make an exception or just keep you in mind for next year. An you're right, it's always good practice.

Well even with that being the case, if they really like you, they might make an exception or just keep you in mind for next year. An you're right, it's always good practice.
I had the interview earlier. I think he liked me, I just need to send a thankyou email still to get a little more edge. And I brought my course list and showed him what I will have taken by summer and he said all the courses I would need for the intern I will have taken. So I should get just as much consideration as the jr.s and sr.s.
They make neat toys.
Life saving ones at that! haha

Yeah, I'm not really expecting to get anything since the guy I talked to yesterday basically said they really hire Jr.s And Sr.s. But it is good practice interviewing. And then there is next year.

IF they have offered you an interview they must be seriously considering you for the position

Back
Top Bottom