Internet love/dating

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Yeah your prob thinking, trust me to think about this.. :p (cant help being a hopeless romantic at times lol)

But im very curious to what you guys think(or girls)?

So tell me your thoughts,opinions or even if you have had/have a net date or relationship with someone youve talked to..

Good or bad?..

x.x.x

G.G

Well, its pretty good but you must read the news article below ... very important, there are a few scams out there
Just don't give any money until you have been together for a while or have atleast met them and know that they are genuine and not just gold diggers ...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8704213/

I think if you truswt someone enough, you should definietly meet.

After meeting, you know more, and how they are in themselves more.

After 2 meetings and you like them and nothing seems out of the ordinary (trust instincts), then its all free from there I guess...

it's possible to talk to someone forever on the internet and still not know a real thing about them. so I'd advise caution...

However I've had some friends who have met people over the internet, and have gotten what they wanted, if you catch my drift (both male and female friends that is)...

On the whole there probably are a lot of people out there ready and waiting to try to scam you, but no more or less than there would be if you had met in a pub or a night club or any other place. I think it just appears more prevailant because you have a much larger group of people...

I think it's safe to assume that people who sound sleasy probably are, and people who don't sound sleazy could well be!!

I guess it's all a case of how much you trust a person. or how much you want to trust a person...

certainly if there are two people who get on and trust each other and are honest with each other then online meetings can work... but it's the same as any relationship really, if you start to lie to people about it, it'll start to fail.

Yeah, when chatting on interent, you need all the help you can get.

Webcams very advisable to see if this person is who they say they are, as well as pictures, and possibly audio conversations are nessesary too.

So, if precautions are taken, I don't think anythings wrong with it.

Of course there are going to be stupid people who after a day of talking, or when they dont know anything will meet, but people who you meet should be close when you do so, minimising the risk. You shouldn't just meet in the spur of the moment thing

Yeah i mean you would have to be a moron to stupid things like that, its common sense..
And ALWAYS go with your gut instinct..Its really important..
It just save's you from something dangerous and outta your deepth..

Kage said:
Webcams very advisable to see if this person is who they say they are, as well as pictures, and possibly audio conversations are nessesary too

Of course, webcams are the next to best thing really..and as for the pictures thing, you need to maker sure the person has more the ONE picture of them...More trust worthly in a way

root said:
it's possible to talk to someone forever on the internet and still not know a real thing about them. so I'd advise caution...

However I've had some friends who have met people over the internet, and have gotten what they wanted, if you catch my drift (both male and female friends that is)...

On the whole there probably are a lot of people out there ready and waiting to try to scam you, but no more or less than there would be if you had met in a pub or a night club or any other place. I think it just appears more prevailant because you have a much larger group of people...

I think it's safe to assume that people who sound sleasy probably are, and people who don't sound sleazy could well be!!

I guess it's all a case of how much you trust a person. or how much you want to trust a person...

certainly if there are two people who get on and trust each other and are honest with each other then online meetings can work... but it's the same as any relationship really, if you start to lie to people about it, it'll start to fail.

What wise words, like always root!

no i don't waste time with all that i go out and meet people its much better and you don't get despite people because they all are who sign up for dating services!

My ex and I dated for 2 years long distance online relatsionship. We were planned to meet this summer but had some problems and broke it off. We would talk on phone/online for hours.

I had gotten lots of pics of her and was really glad I met such a girl but really depressed when I lost her. But found a new girl who I am really in love with.

Back
Top Bottom