Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-13-2004, 06:19 PM   #21
In Runtime

Default Re: Internet Explorer Sucks

EVERYBODY JUST GET FIREFOX 1.0 its about 10 billions times better than transparent interent explorer, i learned about it from AMD ZEN, check it out and up above in the threads hes not lucky he has an amd 64 it uses advanced virus protection built in

blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:25 PM   #22
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Was that supposed to be a proper sentance - or two dreadfully joined by a space and no connective phrases?

10 Billion Times is a good deal; you'll probably have to back up why its 10 Billion Times better; as few will say its Twice as good after seriously considering the technical implications of such a numeral.

Is that just a general sort of comment about Virus Protection? I thought you had Firefox! If its 10 Billion Times as good - it must protect you from Viruses, and clean your Arse, and naturally block all kinds of Microsoft programming from doing anything.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #23
Baseband Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ewomack

In general I agree that MSIE sucks. There have been several severe warnings sent out about it by various agencies this year. And it seems like each time MS fixes a hole, another one appears instantaneously. I never use it for on-line banking (one of the warnings issued earlier scared me away); I'm a total Firefox user now.

Here are some of the warnings and some miscellany about MSIE:

http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/713878
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19881
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16922
http://cooltech.iafrica.com/technews/393597.htm
http://www.webmaster.ucr.edu/blog/?p=28
http://www.internetnews.com/security...le.php/3374931

There are plenty more where that came from. To be fair, MS is a HUGE target for this kind of treatment, so maybe some of this stuff is skewed; still, MS gives the public the impression that it's not on top of its own holey software. Whether it is or not is left purely to speculation.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #24
Baseband Member

Send a message via ICQ to Cowboy_EGN Send a message via AIM to Cowboy_EGN Send a message via MSN to Cowboy_EGN Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy_EGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
This is another wierd thing about some people. I don't realise this even happens! I recieve about 30 e-mails a day for various Forums; and either it is all filtered to my Junk Mail Box through the Brilliance of Microsoft Outlook or I just don't get it - cause I don't get any ominous E-mails at all! I think you're all just paranoid!

Lol; thats an interesting idea - but without Microsoft's backing there is no way to enforce it. I would welcome the idea; it is safe. However, I still think you're all way too paranoid. Maybe you should all get a nice e-mail address (not Yahoo), get Outlook 2003, and be done with it?

You can't do Auto-Diallers on Broadband anyway; and as most people who actively use the Internet have broadband now that is pretty useless. Again - I doubt the existance on a massive scale of any of these things.

And just for the record I do use basic and free internet Virus Scanners - I did it yesterday and I only had 1 Virus - in a Kazaa Spyware File. Where's the danger there?

You could be sending it to people you email regularly..its not just a random email...its you sending the crap to someone else and not knowing it cause you don't use a firewall or AV. Get the crap. Stop thinking you invincible. Maybe someone will cook a doozy up just for you, show you what others go through.
Cowboy_EGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:16 PM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah blah
EVERYBODY JUST GET FIREFOX 1.0 its about 10 billions times better than transparent interent explorer, i learned about it from AMD ZEN, check it out and up above in the threads hes not lucky he has an amd 64 it uses advanced virus protection built in
Yeah, just get Firefox 1.0 Its so much better. Im using it right now, and I havent had a single pop-up at all. And its hella secure too.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #26
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to broknhabit

oh yeah firefox is so far above internet explorer its not even funny

www.mozilla.org/products/firefox
Old 12-13-2004, 10:21 PM   #27
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Firefox all the way. I can't stand IE, no tabbing, ad blocker sucks, and it's so full of holes. I'm never switching back.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #28
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to broknhabit

dang i hate it when they make you use internet explorer for some sites
Old 12-14-2004, 01:50 AM   #29
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to darkpriest Send a message via MSN to darkpriest Send a message via Yahoo to darkpriest

Firefox 1.0, Sygate Personal Firewall Pro, Ad-Aware SE 1.05, NOD32 Anti-Virus, and Spysweeper <--- ALL you need to be safe
darkpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:51 AM   #30
In Runtime

oh ya i brought up firefox and now u guys take all the credit, IT WAS MY IDEA and yes it is billion times better, stop making fun of me you maybe ill go commit suicide now cuz u hurt my feelings and stole the firefox credit

blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote