An interesting read for our enthusiasts.

Grantofhell

Fully Optimized
Was just updating the carts for my hardware today when I saw this little (big) 14 page review.
BenchMark Reviews 80-way Thermal Compound Test .

I was surprised to find that the Compound I use, OCZ Freeze, with an A. But not surprised to find the highly renowned Arctic Cooling MX-2 high up there with an A-.
Mind you, I choose OCZ Freeze because of its viscosity and the way it performs on my TT 775D.

I really suggest you read the whole article rather than clicking next 13 times to read the grand results. There's a lot to gain from their time and hard work.

Intensive article. But, just as I have said all along, there's really not much difference from the "best" to the "worst". An average of 4 to 5 degrees in this review. That's really not much considering the cost differences between them. Also notice the second thermal paste listed on the very last page. I'm sure it will surprise many here.

I saw that the other day. I agree it's an interesting read but...
You have to keep in mind this was not done in a lab so the results are subject to being misread.

Thermaltake CL-O0027 TG1. <--- This 'un?

ThermalTake is pretty good at what they do. It doesn't really surprise me that their thermal compound got an A- in terms on enthusiast grade performance.

It's just their LCS's that scare me. Not so much for the noted "mixed metals" because the right liquid could fix that, but I mean the parts quality. *shivers*

Back
Top Bottom