Insurance sure is a scam!

I only have five words of wisdom.

Dash camera, front and back.

Though I guess it is too late now.

In the uk failure to stop after an accident is an offence. You may wish to find out if it is an offence where you are also.

It is but if they make "it" vanish...Well you know how that is...

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

If they find you well, There is jail time and fines..if there are injuries or death, big time jail!! No insurance, you walk into there home and say Mine, big screen tv mine.. Nice car in driveway..mine..

Leaving the scene of an accident is certainly an offense here as well.

It's doubtful that a dash cam would have had any value in this situation. The insurance company claims my wife is 10% at fault because she didn't do enough to avoid the accident because she didn't honk the horn. We contend that she did the smart thing to avoid an accident which was to brake and swerve away. Unfortunately, there was an island in the center divide so she could only swerve so much before she hit the curb.

These are nonsense games insurance companies play because in order to fight them on it, we would need to hire a lawyer and sue them in court. Only a fool would hire a lawyer over $200. We may be able to sue the driver of the other car in small claims court to attempt to recover the $200 we were short changed by the insurance company.

Something just don't figure here, Why didn't your insurance go after them? When my accident happened My insurance gave the tow, rental and gave me the check. They went after the other company and party! You should not have had to deal with the other guy at all. Maybe different insurance companys or California??

I would like to know what formula they use to calculate the percentage of fault each person has in an accident... Seems like pretty advanced math to me! :lol:

Sounds like a butt f!! Thats what i think. I didn't have those issues in my last 3 accidents. Those were over a 25 year period. All taken care of by my insurance and two different companys i had over that time. California must have some strange ideas about how we are supposed to be handled in a accident!

IMO, I'd say you are the one that got butt f! You paid higher premiums for those 25 years since you choose not to have a deductible which means you paid MORE over the years than I did. So you have been scammed by your insurance company(s) for all those years. Personally, I've been in 1 accident (not at fault) in the last 25 years and paid $0 out-of-pocket for that one.

There is absolutely no insurance company out there that is actually interested in your well being or really being of help to you. They exist solely for the purpose of making money and they always pay out claims grudgingly and will do their darnedest to avoid paying a dime more than they have to.

If you think otherwise, you're living in a dream world.

I only have five words of wisdom.

Dash camera, front and back.

Though I guess it is too late now.

In the uk failure to stop after an accident is an offence. You may wish to find out if it is an offence where you are also.

It is. It's called hit and run. I have a dash cam in mine. I got it because of an asshole who likes to drift off his lane and make me swerve. Since I got the cam he quit that shit.

He lives down the street from me and he's a big fellow. He likes to fuck with people (like me) but since I started open carrying he left me alone.

Bullies are cowards. :lol:

I flip him off when I see him letting him know we're on equal grounds MFer. :D

In my almost 50 years of driving, I can think of only 1 time when a dash cam would have been valuable. That involved someone rear ending me on the freeway about 35 years ago and trying to say it was my fault. Luckily, there was just a small, almost imperceptible scratch on the bumper of my car so we just shined it on. His car had more damage but he knew he was in the wrong so he was happy just to forget the whole incident.

I actually have a dash cam somewhere that I bought about 5 years ago. I hooked it up in my car and took about a 30 mile trip with it. After I got home, I reviewed the video, it looked fine but I concluded that it just wasn't worth the effort so never used it again.

Having a dash cam is kind of like owning a gun for protection, the odds are that you will NEVER benefit from having it but it can come in handy in rare instances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom