Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Industrial Technology: Networking

Hey I will be taking this major next year at the university and I was wondering where do you think this will take me.

http://www.technology.ccsu.edu/progr...ng_Courses.pdf

personally I don't see a lot of classes that will help me out a lot. Tell me what you think
And what will people think when they see this degree. Like what will the people hiring think? After i finish this I'm definantly considering this

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x562.xml

a1sporty15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger
Default Re: Industrial Technology: Networking

I am not familiar with the degree but it doesn't seem to be too in depth for Networking technologies. I have an A.S. in Network Engineering and I went through almost all computer classes to include server administration on both Windows and Linux, I also went through all three CISCO academy courses among other things such as website building, security, and networking.

But it all depends on what you actually want to be doing:
Network Engineering
Network Administration
System Administration
etc

Either way... if you want a future in something like Networking I would say that the school will teach you about 1/3 of what you need to know. The other 2/3 you need to do through self study. If that is the masters you want I would also suggest learning the basics of a programming language such as C, C+, C++, VB, .NET, JAVA, C#, etc...

|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
In Runtime

netBooger thank you for your answer. and i totaly agree with what you said. I im thinkin about taking classes from another college and transfering them over so increase my knowledge and i already know a lot about java and c++. and c+? there is a language like that? haha
a1sporty15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

Nope that was a typo. It was supposed to be C#, which I added after the edit of that post but didn't see the typo.
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote