Important News

I woulda thought that it would be better to do it by names with the same IP. Because I can have as many email addressses as I want, but only 1 IP, so surely that's better
but whatever...thats a good thing, keep it up

Re: News

David Lindon said:
Email verification is now inplace. When registering, users will have to supply a valid email which can be banned if needed.

This will stop people using two accounts and stop the spammers, making this place spam and offensive message free.
Well done David, brilliant!!, that is very good, now CF will be a "clean" site as regards that kind of misbehaviour.
On a purely selfish note, this will make the mod's work easier.

Yes I agree!!!!

whooot! woooot! wheeeeee!
cough, cough .....my whisler broke!
Any way...good going DAVID

lurkswithin said:
Yes I agree!!!!

whooot! woooot! wheeeeee!
cough, cough .....my whisler broke!
Any way...good going DAVID
On a my thread about newcomers spamming, TRDCorolla said that IP hiding was a problem, so I PM'd him, referring him to this thread.

Maurice

This is a great idea David.

At one point where my own community was constantly being attacked, I had to go to further extents (banning proxies, moderating registrations, ect.)

The community of ComputerForums will pull together on this one and defeat the spammers and anyone else that choose to cause trouble for us. In a patriotic way, we shall continue to enjoy our experience here regardless of any people who shall go against us, and we will continue to help those who can clean up such issues..

Once again, great solution to this problem David!

Re: We be jammin now jack...

technoman said:
yeah they have excellent mail i use them, not too keen on the Web Search but i have Google for that.
That is YAHOO as in w00t, yippee, hooray ect...

Back
Top Bottom