Originally Posted by DefCon_!1!
my laptop charger just blew up.....smoke and all lol...no explosion tho
my battery has only 10 miniuts left ugh
so i need to get a new charger, yet im broke
thank god FORD and Suzuki are paying me 50 dollers each to test drive a car from each of them
so...TTYL later....be about a week before i get this all up and running....
Same thing happened to mine earlier this year. Suddenly, there was a loud 'pop' and the laptop screen dimmed (as it switched from mains to battery power). No smoke, but there was an awful burning smell.
I had it replaced under warranty. While I was waiting, I used a 'universal' laptop power supply that I've had for a couple of years. I can use it with both of my laptops by changing the plugs where it connects to the laptop. The plugs for my 2 laptops are slightly different.