I'm a life saver!!!

superman22x

Golden Master
Yup, done my good deed for the day. My friend and I were out riding his ATVs in the newly cut corn fields, and we had a track around teh outside that I was riding around, and he stopped, turned around, and kinda hid, like he does a lot, just for fun, and when I get near, he turns his atv on and goes, well, I came near on the track that I was following, and he was just over the hill, but just as I came over the hill he came the other way, but I didnt swerve or anything, he went by bout 10-20 feet away, seemed fine, I just continued my lap around, and when I got about 3/4 around, I stopped and started to look for him, and figured he was hiding again or something. Thats when I saw it, his ATV was lying on its side, and I knew something was wrong, so I gunned the rancher over there, and apparently when he went past me earlier, he had thought it was too close, and swerved, and usually if you turn while giving the atv gas, it will just drift, but he hit a big rut or something, and it caught all of a sudden and bam, flipped.
When I got there, I flipped the atv back, and he got up, nothing bad, just some scrapes and bruises. He said when he was lying under it tho, gas was dripping on him, and the fender was pressing on his lung, starting to sufficate him, so if I had taken a couple minutes longer, it may have been too late. He said he tried flipping the lever to release the fenders, for just this situation, but it would come off. He is not that big a kid, so there was no way he could have gotten out, and even if he did, idk if he could have flipped the atv back, he is like 5' 5" and 95 pounds. But he rides crazy on those atvs, and he said this is the first time he has gotten hurt on them ever. He started with atvs and dirtbikes since he was 2, so he kept good control, time was coming for an accident tho, lol. But he is fine now, except for the stearing column is bent, and he doesnt want to tell his dad that he flipped it. Afraid he will get in trouble or something.

But thats my story, lol.

haha, congrats for saving a life today! I wish I had an ATV, or dirt bike or something like that...

thankfully he is alright, tell him to stop hiding like he does though, one of these times you might not see him, and it may be too late.

Ya know, thats what I was thinking just before this happened. The boy who cried wolf. I was thinking, sometime, he will flip that thing in some corner, and I will not bother looking for him because I just figure he is hiding. I like to just ride along the path and have fun, he has been riding for so long, doing that is not so exciting, and he wants to do other stuff, like follow the leader, which I cant do, cause of all the dust he throws up or the hide and seek, which I usually just dont bother to look for him, lol. I dont like to have a goal when I ride. Just like to free ride.

Nice job. I wish that my grandpas atv was at my house. He has a 650 and it is so fast. I lov it and im a short kid to 5 foot 5 and 110 pounds, I hope that thing never happens to me. Because i ne'er ride in pairs no one eles has a atv here. But glad to hear hes ok. And Id be afraid to tell my dad to...:eek:

Good you got there in time, I'm sure he's thankful.

One thing I like better about dirtbikes is that if it falls on you, you can get it off.

I wouldnt be afraid, just say, "I was turning, wheels stopped, top kept going, and bam its on top of me, luckily my best friend saved my life"
They wont care, they will just be happy you are ok, garuntee that. Once they know you are ok, if you tell them limping in, they might want to get rid of the ATV, but if you tell them over dinner or something, they wont get angry.

thats pretty cool that you saved him, luckily for him that you saw him. you should defiantly have him double check those fender release levers now to make sure they work (along with all other saftey gear)

Nice job. I wish that my grandpas atv was at my house. He has a 650 and it is so fast. I lov it and im a short kid to 5 foot 5 and 110 pounds, I hope that thing never happens to me. Because i ne'er ride in pairs no one eles has a atv here. But glad to hear hes ok. And Id be afraid to tell my dad to...:eek:

carry a cell phone on you, just in case

Back
Top Bottom