I'm back....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookfield is back because I only temporarily banned him,

I thought that I'd amply explained the reason that I'd only temporarily banned Brookfield here.

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=753264&postcount=34

to re-cap, I'd only banned Brookfield temporarily because of the theme of the thread that had provoked the bad comments, within reason I'd actually cut anyone that same amount of slack.
(politics/terrorism/killing and death provokes people, and I do believe that a cooling off period is better than permanently shutting someone out of the forum).

if you have a problem with that, they you should direct the anger caused by this towards me, not David, or Brookfield as they had no part in Brookfields latest ban.

Honestly,
yes, it has been discussed plenty of times that they next ban Brookfield get will be his last ban. I did mention in the staff lounge that I'd considered making this ban permanent, but didn't, I'm glad I didn't and still stand by that decision.

to all who have said that Brookfield gets special treatment, all I have to say is...
well duh, yes, it should be blindingly obvious that he gets special treatment, as do 'most' people who have had a long standing here contributed a lot, regardless of whether you like him, or his style, Brookfield has contributed a lot here. and will likely continue to receive special treatment.

for the same reason there are other members who receive special treatment. and we 'turn a blind eye' to their comments that may be less than helpful.

yes that is unfair.

no it won't change.

these threads really annoy me, my advice to anyone, is if you are temp banned, try to make a slow un-obtrusive re-entry to the forum. posting a thread like this only draws attention to yourself!

sometimes these theads are needed to clear up some things, but we've been over all this stuff before so this one in particular wasnt really needed, but never mind. brook knows his place. he just has to behave and he wont get banned. simple :)

I don't think he will, he might be a newbie but don't pre-judge him just because of that, he's got a good IT background & he can also see that some members aren't all sweetness & light, how right he is!!

And he's George Monks :D

Brookfield is back because I only temporarily banned him,

I thought that I'd amply explained the reason that I'd only temporarily banned Brookfield here.

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=753264&postcount=34

to re-cap, I'd only banned Brookfield temporarily because of the theme of the thread that had provoked the bad comments, within reason I'd actually cut anyone that same amount of slack.
(politics/terrorism/killing and death provokes people, and I do believe that a cooling off period is better than permanently shutting someone out of the forum).

if you have a problem with that, they you should direct the anger caused by this towards me, not David, or Brookfield as they had no part in Brookfields latest ban.

Honestly,
yes, it has been discussed plenty of times that they next ban Brookfield get will be his last ban. I did mention in the staff lounge that I'd considered making this ban permanent, but didn't, I'm glad I didn't and still stand by that decision.

to all who have said that Brookfield gets special treatment, all I have to say is...
well duh, yes, it should be blindingly obvious that he gets special treatment, as do 'most' people who have had a long standing here contributed a lot, regardless of whether you like him, or his style, Brookfield has contributed a lot here. and will likely continue to receive special treatment.

for the same reason there are other members who receive special treatment. and we 'turn a blind eye' to their comments that may be less than helpful.

yes that is unfair.

no it won't change.

these threads really annoy me, my advice to anyone, is if you are temp banned, try to make a slow un-obtrusive re-entry to the forum. posting a thread like this only draws attention to yourself!
DJ-Chris says he's George Monks, is that right?, 'cos I see that Internetprob is banned:confused:

Brook I just want to tell u that I think u are a 1 tuff Mother Trucker, u known what I'm saying? :) u been banned 4 times, and u still coming back stronger then ever, u prob the oldest one on this forum, (well u old period, not that its bad) and u keep on fighting all this flame wars, (most of them not started by u) taking shit from other people, and u still get back at them. I just think u are a 1 cool old duded, even though u might be wrong and stubborn sometimes, but I still gat to give it to u man!

GO BROOK!

Brook I just want to tell u that I think u are a 1 tuff Mother Trucker, u known what I'm saying? :) u been banned 4 times, and u still coming back stronger then ever, u prob the oldest one on this forum, (well u old period, not that its bad) and u keep on fighting all this flame wars, (most of them not started by u) taking shit from other people, and u still get back at them. I just think u are a 1 cool old duded, even though u might be wrong and stubborn sometimes, but I still gat to give it to u man!

GO BROOK!
coolgleam.gif
I know you've gotta be tough livin' in the big apple as you do, & sometimes ZC it feels as though I'm in the eastside gang wars at 4am, tryin' to find my stashed shooter, [I have a friend in the NYPD, he told me all about the tough scrapes he gets into] I was in the R.A.F. Police but it was never like that buddy, thanx for your comments, that was r-e-a-l nice!!
good.gif

i say fair shout to you brook. what 0x0161 said was absolutely insulting and arrogant. i completely agree with your response and would of said the same to him in person face to face, but this is a public forum and it does have rules. you broke the rules so you deserved the ban but that does not mean i condemn you for it, infact i respect you for saying it. for all of those that are flamming brookfield for this recent ban you should look into why it happened and maybe you then might find reasoning within it

i say fair shout to you brook. what 0x0161 said was absolutely insulting and arrogant. i completely agree with your response and would of said the same to him in person face to face, but this is a public forum and it does have rules. you broke the rules so you deserved the ban but that does not mean i condemn you for it, infact i respect you for saying it. for all of those that are flamming brookfield for this recent ban you should look into why it happened and maybe you then might find reasoning within it

Yes, I do agree that what 0x0161 said was insulting and arrogant and I do understand why Brooky said what he said, however, there are ways to get your point across without resorting to verbal abuse, and Brooky being an ex-mod should understand the rules far better than most people, he has banned people for far less that he was banned for. Brooky just needs to be able to get his point across without verbally abusing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom