im adding to the Crysis screenshots okay?

"
  • Crysis will run on both DX9 & DX10 as well as Windows XP and Windows Vista.
  • A graphics card that supports Shader Model 2 or higher is required.
  • CryEngine2 is estimated to scale back 2 years, and scale ahead 1.5 years.
  • A single 7800GTX will run the game quite well on fairly high settings according to Crysis Art Director, Michael Khaimzon.
  • Jack Mamais of Crytek said in an exclusive Crysis-Online interview that his X1900XT runs the game very well at reasonably high settings ( still unoptmized ).
  • Crysis will dynamically utilize all processing threads available. Meaning quad-core processors will be supported."
Intersting, but i still rekon the cards will get lag, i wonder how Crysis will look like, sine the requirements are so low...

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6200 or ATI X1300 - Shader Model 2.0
RAM: 768MB on Windows XP or 1GB on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

RECOMENDED
CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7600GT or ATI X1800GTO (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

... "Only estimates NO WAY OFFICIAL"

You will not be able to run the game very well with a 7600gt. Keep dreaming. If you said a 7900gt, then i would agree. But a 7600gt, no. Medium, at most. Which will look great, since they say a system that can run Farcry at max, should run crysis at settings equal to far cry at max, so thats not so bad at all!

allenn812 said:
You will not be able to run the game very well with a 7600gt. Keep dreaming. If you said a 7900gt, then i would agree. But a 7600gt, no. Medium, at most. Which will look great, since they say a system that can run Farcry at max, should run crysis at settings equal to far cry at max, so thats not so bad at all!

Haha, i was suprised when he said "very well". But he should be able to play it, much better than to not play it at all :)

Well I think that its safe to say that my gPU would explode if I tried to run this game lol
1 Installs game
2 clicks on .exe
3 GPU explodes!!!!

XEN said:
lol :p What about 7600GT in SLI?

If you want to spend money on graphics, rather buy a whole new card, cause almost all games, dosen't take the advantages of SLi, so, little FPS boost.

Yeah, I wasn't seiously considering it. I'd probably wait and get dx10 card anyways.

The motion blur/DOF effects really add to the screenshots, and especially the movies for realism.
I do think theres alot of unuseful glow though. Check out that real life shot, and the computer game shot of the barn. If the computer version didn't glow as much, it'd look alot more real to the real life counterpart.

Kage said:
I do think theres alot of unuseful glow though. Check out that real life shot, and the computer game shot of the barn. If the computer version didn't glow as much, it'd look alot more real to the real life counterpart.
exactly. And the grass isn't too beautifull either, though I can understand that because there is a lot of grass, and if it would be ultra high detail the game would lag so bad no matter what hardware you had.

That said, Direct X 10 should be able to have almost just as much grass as real life, if the way it works is meant to be believed.
Supposedly, they should be able to render alot more grass, etc in one pass than ever before, and with instanced geometry already in place, I don't see why they couldn't :p

But, yeah, get rid of all that glow...

Back
Top Bottom