If your a cop...

mark thorpe

Golden Master
its fine to travel at 159MPH on a public road

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5286898.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/5279804.stm

A policeman accused of driving at 159mph was speeding on the "right" stretches of road, a court has heard.

Pc Mark Milton is standing trial for dangerous driving and speeding after cameras on board his unmarked car clocked him driving at high speeds.

But former police driving instructor Douglas Boulton, who viewed a video of Pc Milton's driving on the day, said he saw "no problem with it at all".

so its fine for cops to drive at 159MPH along a public road, yet if you do 32MPH in a 30 limit, you get 3 points and a £60 fine..

no wonder people are loosing faith in the cops..

yeah, i know.. just annoys me that people get speeding tickets for going 2MPH over the limit in a 30 (my mum got one), and yet its fine for cops to go 159, nearly 90MPH over the limit, over double the limit, and its fine..

mark thorpe said:
yeah, i know.. just annoys me that people get speeding tickets for going 2MPH over the limit in a 30 (my mum got one), and yet its fine for cops to go 159, nearly 90MPH over the limit, over double the limit, and its fine..
well most cops are nice. but some you have to bend down and take it like a man

Glad to see your trying to install the hatred here.

If less people knew, less people would loose faith. But here you are showing the world.

ArrizX said:

If less people knew, less people would loose faith. But here you are showing the world.

It's all over the British media, though. So you can't say nobody knows about it.

ArrizX said:

its on all the news channels, in all the newspapers and on the news websites.. its kinda hard not to know about it, this post was more of a rant about how they can get away with it.. whereas if i went down the motorway at 159MPH, i know for sure id have my licence taken away..

He's getting a slap on the wrist and that's wrong. And the bull about the speed on the tape being wrong there are other methods to determin how fast he was going. Like how long it takes to go between 2 fixed objects in the picture as related to frames per second laid down on the tape. Or just take the car to a shop, plug in to the computer and retrive the what's called warranty data. Highest engine rpms, what gear it was in at the time and for how long. Along with speedometer data. It's all in the little box. If they wanted to push it his goose would be cooked well done.
Here in the US we have schools and road courses for the officers to get trained on. Some of the best schools for law enforcement are right here in Georgia. They drive the cars provided for the course then they drive their own cars. And they have to pass.
The tape doesn't lie. If he was going that fast he should be suspended from being a cop as well as a driver. And pay a stiff fine.
I agree with Mark. His getting off is wrong.

Welcome to the real world. Life is'nt fair and noone can change that.

I remember when my parents would tell me stories about them, and when they would race on the highway to the airport. And then go out on the airport to do doughnuts and stuff.

That was back in the late 70's earily 80's and when the cop cars had the big ol' 357's in them. They are always telling me how if your caught doing that now and your a cop, hell breaks loose.

Yes, they did that when they were cops. Not on duty though.. Still, id like to try something like that, however common sense detours me from doing so.

Most people get the impression that all cops are currupted because that's all they here about on TV and the radio.

Back
Top Bottom