Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default If a website messes up their pricing on a Gpu and I buy it, is it ok?

This morning whilst doing my morning check on upgrading my GPU I noticed that Microcenter had priced their GTX 560 ti for 12$!!! I was astonished and purchased it right away. So will they look into it or am I in the clear and they dun goofed? Here's the link I purchased the only one so sorry for you guys if you wanted to do the same lol.

EVGA 01G-P3-1563-A1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 Video Card Crysis 2 Bundle 01G-P3-1563-A1 - Micro Center

Liquidxiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: If a website messes up their pricing on a Gpu and I buy it, is it ok?

Most places have something in their terms and conditions that will prevent things like this from happening. They will generally have something that says if there is a pricing mistake then they can prevent the sale of the item.

However, maybe you'll luck out. Here's hoping!

In fact, I'm guessing this:
The materials appearing on this Site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Micro Electronics, Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on this Site are accurate, complete, or current. Micro Electronics, Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on this Site at any time without notice. Micro Electronics, Inc. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials. All prices and configurations are subject to change without notice or obligation. Prices do not include shipping and applicable sales tax. Shipping charges may vary. All prices in U.S. dollars. Some products and services may not be available for all locations.
will problably cover them as they can say this is a typo and that it's not accurate. They should be give you the option to then cancel the purchase if that's the case.

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: If a website messes up their pricing on a Gpu and I buy it, is it ok?

Yea unfortunately they've already corrected it and refunded my whole 12$ lol damn so close to getting a steal
Liquidxiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Ha, ya I've seen things like that happen before. I think I've heard of it happening on like Amazon or NewEgg and thousands or even tens of thousands of people tried to take advantage of the error and everyone had to get it sorted out.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
Site Team

Where I have seen these sorts of things work for people (rarely) is when they bought multiples of the items. One guy I know bought 11 of something from a company that made this mistake (I can't remember what it was, but the principle stands regardless.) So the price didn't look too ridiculous to those checking it, and he got the items!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Damn, I was about to buy 10 of those.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

My friends and I actually have a conspiracy theory about this. This is cheaper than advertisement. And as long as pricing error isn't a norm, it'll probably not even affect their reputation.
dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
Golden Master

I've found a laptop on one site selling for a $1

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote