I would like to meet the ad guy for NewEgg

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I'm bopping along checking the goodies on Newegg when I saw this ad on the right side of the screen. Being one attracted to color changing keyboards, I clicked on the ad. Next page is a master piece of advertising. It talks about how great and wonderful all the dodads and dohickys are for this product. Lots of graphics aimed to put stars in your eyes. The OOH, AAH factor is running high. Your heart is racing. Your palms are getting sweaty. You're reaching for your credit card when you reach the bottom of the ad.
Reality check...

Are they serious about how much they want for those things? I find how sales people try to manipulate the gamer mentality amusing sometimes.

Newegg.com - MSI GS70

Price seems typical for a gaming laptop with those specs. If you want a nice gaming laptop for cheap, you can usually get refurbs of last year's asus models for a reasonable price on newegg. Link 1 Link 2

I actually suggested this to a friend a month ago and he ended up with the GTX 660M one. It's really a great machine, especially for that price.

Ah the gamer mentality. Doesn't matter what it costs, got to have one.
And yes I am aware of a lot of advances in computers comes from gaming.
I guess I'm just as bad in respect to add ons for my desk rig. Still looking for a color programmable keyboard that won't break the bank.

Ah the gamer mentality. Doesn't matter what it costs, got to have one.
And yes I am aware of a lot of advances in computers comes from gaming.
I guess I'm just as bad in respect to add ons for my desk rig. Still looking for a color programmable keyboard that won't break the bank.

Hmmm i'm anything but a gamer in fact you will see many of my posts on here criticising gamers for telling new PC builders you need to go out and get the latest best graphics card and you can't do anything on your PC unless its an i7 4770.

But that seems like a relatively reasonable price to me?

I'm from the UK which I guess makes those laptops around £1,200 for the most expensive? That's probably around normal for those specs?

Back
Top Bottom