I will be away for a while

Celery

Golden Master
I've been getting random crashes with different error reports. Now it says I need to reactivate my Win 10 and to do so I'll have to reinstall it.

To hell with it, I'm going back to my Win 7 OEM disk so I'll be offline for a while.

I'm taking my system apart for a dust out/cleaning and to check connections/seatings. Then I'll install W7.

I can use my i3 system to get back on for a while. :cool:

Til then guys, laterz.

I.. I'll...

fb5152a26026ea97b82395158404a935--sad-faces-happy-faces.jpg

Ah, you didn't make an image of Win10 in a good state? Laaame :lol:

Here I am on my i3 system. Damn, it's slow in comparison but then it's updating everything it can think of. :rolleyes:

Also only 4 gigs of memory in this and it's set up with dual boot, Ubuntu and Win 7.

It's neat that Chrome remembers my bookmarks and passwords. That's why I'm here quick. :cool:

Right now I'm waiting for the weather to warm up before I go outside and work on the i5 PC.

Welcome back!

Hopefully it is not a hardware problem.

I just dusted/cleaned two computers last week and it was annoying.

I'm updating one of my standby computers and it's a Core 2 Duo E6600 with 2GB RAM and an ancient 80GB HDD for the OS. It's slow but still responsive given all the above.

I pull the filters and clean them about once a month. Helps with keeping it running cool! All the fans in the world won't do anything if the fans are blocked. Good luck on the clean out.
WD65

I'm back, this time on Ubuntu. I went to boot this i3 up while I was putting the stuff away after working on the i5 PC. I didn't realize that it will auto boot to Ubuntu if I didn't make a selection.

Looks like the problem wasn't the dust even though the temp were in the low 30s C beforehand. It did need a dust out though and I checked the connections and all is tight.

That's getting me a little worried but I won't know til I do a reinstall. If it didn't work out then I'll put the stuff on this board and use it.

I'm glad I kept the i3 PC. I didn't think I'd need it.

Oh and SG, you're right about not making an image of the system but since I have a lot of programs I'm not using anymore I'll be happy with a fresh install. Who knows, maybe I have a bug that I can't get rid of unless I do a fresh install.

Last edited:
That's a good point. To avoid that, I keep different backups of which at least one for the fresh install with only video card drivers and the second for a fully ready install of all drivers and only basic software like (and not necessarily exclusively) MPClassic, WinRAR and Daemon Tools. Further backups are done for convenient.

If you know a spot that gives obvious crashes, try it while playing with RAM sticks and the video card first (as in dis/connecting for testing). They are the easiest to test, I believe.

And remember, life is full of tests. If you face a concluding problem while you actually did all you could and have to do, it is not worth it to worry about as there's nothing else you could have done to change that. Just learn fro it and look ahead like a champ.

I'm on my i5 system now and what a weird going on this is and I hope it's ok now but time will tell.

At first I fired up, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep til I power off.

WTH ??

Pulled the drives so I can look inside and check the connections, all intact. Put the drives back on but not the DVD drive. It fired up to a BIOS showing boot error and asking to reset. Hard power off again.

Damn. I sat a minute and tried again and it booted to Windows. Still said I need to activate Windows and this time I was able to so my W10 is good (for now).

Powered off and put my DVD drive back and here's those beeps again. Hmm... I have a bad DVD drive?

I jiggled the cables in the sockets at both ends and tried again. It booted and here I am.

Weird. We'll see if it happens again.

Last edited:
For those who wondered why I have to remove the drives to work on the board. I have a cube case and the board goes on the bottom with everything on top. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom