I want to use Paypal, but don't help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhuser

Golden Master
First, I don't know where to put it. Move it if it's in the wrong place

Now, let's talk business.

I can make a free paypal account (duh), but I need to find a few things.

-When it says free, is it REALLY free?
-Am I actually safe when using it.
-If a hacker gets into my account, does it means that I could recieve bills at home?
-Can I delete my account as soon as I'm done?
-Is it safe?
-When I buy stuff from the internet with it, do I recieve a bill that I have to pay?
-I'm not 18. Does it mean that it is illegal?
-Do you recommend it?

1. Yes, it's really free.
2. Yeah, you are safe, just make sure that you don't save your password as a cookie or someone may be able to steal thatfrom your internet files which is highly unlikely, highly unlikely to the point where my password is in fact in my cookies.
3. What do you mean recieve bills at home..?
4. Yeah, you can cancel it.
5. Yes.
6. No, maybe if you ask, but they just bill your credit card, and you usually get a reciept with the item.
7. You need a credit card, and that's all.
8. I use it all the time, and I can give someone money without having any thoughts of theft, so yes.

Wait, so you mean that even if I use paypal, I still need a credit card? That looks stupid

You can use a regular checking account, too. I recommend it as well. I've used it for a long time with eBay and everything, and I can send anybody money just by entering their PayPal email. It's pretty nice.

So, if I well understood, I can use Paypal to pay my stuff over internet. But, doesn't it sounds awkward a bit? Lie, you never got money...it like virtual money. And if I follow what ML said, I need a credit card too?

If yes, then I can't use it. I'm under age (Required: 18/ Age: 16)

You can use a normal debit card rather than a credit card. As long as your card matches one of the symbols, you're fine regardless of whether or not it's a credit or debit card.

It says "credit card" but I put in a debit card and it accepted it, and I got my order and the money appeared on my statement.

You'll probably be fine :)

Yeah, you can use a credit card, debit card, or checking account - or a combination of the three. You don't have to be eighteen to use it. Also, you're not transferring virtual money. It's your money that just goes through a much more convenient system.

i was just talking about pay-pal an hour ago with my friend, he wanted to buy something from ebay and didnt have a credit card. And we just found it that pay-al accepts debit.

I'm probably going to open an ebay account now :)

Do you know what paypal is for? Like with ebay it makes sure that you dont get swindled, It gets the money from you, the thing from them, then sends it on its way. As in, If they dont send it to them, you get your money back

Yeah, it's a nice protection. I've had a couple disputes with eBay customers, and thanks to PayPal, they were resolved. It took them some time, but it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom