I want to make my emails into a pdf or a csv file for all to see on my network

Wildcard1

Beta member
Hello I need some help I work at a place that does a lot of shipping and i have to look at every tracking number that is sent to me by Ups . so i want to take the hundred emails that i receive a day and put the into a pdf file or a csv . so all that my guys have to do is go into a mci share click the file and serch by name or order number . I have been told that this can not be done . and i am calling BS on anything can be done. Thanks for looking and helping

are you looking for something that can automatically do this every time you receive an email or are you looking to do it manually?

The only way to have this being automated is to have something integrated to some degree in whatever sales system you are using to receive that also stores tracking numbers.

Otherwise, I think you'd need to manually enter all the information.

Yes i would like to have it auto but i have a feeling that i will have to do it one at a time but i belive someone can make it happen

Yes i would like to have it auto but i have a feeling that i will have to do it one at a time but i belive someone can make it happen

You could have some kind of script that would print each email to a PDF file. You would need to have something like CutePDF installed first though (it makes a printer that will print to a PDF file). A problem with this is that it would make a PDF for each email. Also you would somehow have to automate where to store it once the script prints to the virtual printer. I don't know of any scripts off the top of my head. It might work better as an email client extension but would still involve a lot of work to write the script.

Hmm... Is it just the tracking number that you'd need? Or the entire email?

You might be able to write a macro which will recognise the tracking number (they are predictable - if you type a tracking number into google then it will realise so), and then stick it into a spreadsheet (which could be shared).

Back
Top Bottom