Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #21
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

Do they like live there?
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #22
Fully Optimized
 
UK31337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,776
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

No, I REALLY don't like it. It's unprofessional, and I actually like the idea of work being the professional place and home to be different.

I wouldn't work there, not at all.
__________________

UK31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #23
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

I think it looks like fun...
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #24
BSOD
 
Jenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337
No, I REALLY don't like it. It's unprofessional, and I actually like the idea of work being the professional place and home to be different.

I wouldn't work there, not at all.

I see your point. Work is professional, but then again what's professional supposed to be like? Seems to me that professionalism is just a suit, tie, nice car, basically more wealth dependent then characteristically dependent. I see professional as a means of how you conduct yourself, not by how you look, or what you drive. It seems like the workers at Google value their job because of the work enviorment. Which might actually boost work production, because your employees actually look forward to coming to work.

Is this professional? Hard to say, if you look at Google, what it owns, how much wealth it generates as a company, you'd see that it IS a professional company, not by how the people dress, but by how the company functions and how the employees conduct themselves, and they probably conduct themselves much better given the work environment, because it MAKES you want to go to work, because it's peaceful, you can enjoy it, and it's kind of fun it seems like.
Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #25
Fully Optimized
 
hascet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,218
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

omg! i will be working for google as well lol! that is so cool!
__________________
www.crazycomputers.org
hascet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #26
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox
I see your point. Work is professional, but then again what's professional supposed to be like? Seems to me that professionalism is just a suit, tie, nice car, basically more wealth dependent then characteristically dependent. I see professional as a means of how you conduct yourself, not by how you look, or what you drive. It seems like the workers at Google value their job because of the work enviorment. Which might actually boost work production, because your employees actually look forward to coming to work.

Is this professional? Hard to say, if you look at Google, what it owns, how much wealth it generates as a company, you'd see that it IS a professional company, not by how the people dress, but by how the company functions and how the employees conduct themselves, and they probably conduct themselves much better given the work environment, because it MAKES you want to go to work, because it's peaceful, you can enjoy it, and it's kind of fun it seems like.
Good points, I completely agree.

And not only would it be cool to work there for that, but to say that yeah, I worked on the Google search engine that almost everyone uses.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #27
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

Hehe, they have DDR. I'm in!
The way it is though... it doesn't seem like you'd ever be able to go home. Its like a home away from home... kind of scary actually.
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #28
Fully Optimized
 
UK31337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,776
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
Hehe, they have DDR. I'm in!
The way it is though... it doesn't seem like you'd ever be able to go home. Its like a home away from home... kind of scary actually.
Yeah, that's kind of my point. It freaks me out, going into an office filled with toys, what productivity do those people have?
UK31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #29
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337
Yeah, that's kind of my point. It freaks me out, going into an office filled with toys, what productivity do those people have?
I'm sure they have time for work, and time for play. And if you start slacking, I'm sure you won't be there for long. They're a very successful company, their system obviously works.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #30
BSOD
 
Jenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: I think I'll be applying for a job with Google in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337
Yeah, that's kind of my point. It freaks me out, going into an office filled with toys, what productivity do those people have?

Probably high productivity. We're probably seeing pictures of them on their breaks or lunches. Hell, I bet husbands are there on their day/s off. I mean think about the perfect excuse to get away from the wife and kids, "Yeah I have IMPORTANT work to do." I think Google's idea of how to treat your employees is genius and very original, the only thing that even comes close to that is Toys R Us or some video game store.

But even then, the people who work at my local game stores ALWAYS have the store clean, and ready for anyone, although they get to play around when on break or whatever. This ties into my whole work environment thing and making your employees day at work actually enjoyable. Business is obviously business, but no one likes business when it's slow, dull, and boring. Google's idea of a work place is great. Hell if my job gave me something cool to do on my break and lunch, jeeze I'd willingly work 8 hour shits every day.
__________________

Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0