I think I found way around this...

BF2player

BSOD
Well, as you all know, you can't sell a game and use a majorly popular band(Disturbed, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson) without their consent to use the songs. Now, that the game is freeware, they can't sue me for cost of damage or lost money from inputting the songs into my game considering I'm not charging. They can however tell me/sue to not use their music in the game.

You know those really long license agreements that no one ever reads when you buy and install a game? Well, I thought about adding this:

By installing, playing, downloading, or using this game in any way, you agree that you do not hold myself or Manic Games responsible for any content in the game. You also agree that you will not hold myself or Manic Games for damages toward your computer, company, or anything else.

Heh, they agreed to it.

who did?

and why dont you just send the record company an email and say you wanna use the song....

I came up with that. I did send an e-mail. They never respond. One band did respond, but they said they where not sure, and he wasn't even with the band. So yea, it gets irritating.

Eh, they could still make you get the game off the market. If you have a myspace, you can just send the band a message. I've done it before. Some-one big and mighty in the band gave you permission.

Eh, they could still make you get the game off the market. If you have a myspace, you can just send the band a message. I've done it before. Some-one big and mighty in the band gave you permission.

It would never be on the market though. I did message them on myspace a few of them, and they say they are not affiliated with the band. Also, the bands I want in my game do not have an "official" myspace or website.

Back
Top Bottom