Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #11
The Candyman
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,310
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

some people just do off the wall stuff for reasons attention / too much time on their hands / money...whatever.
__________________

__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

Meh, Screw rich people. I despise hearing about them, espescially when they spend as much on their car as we did our house.
__________________

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 1
Posts: 2,525
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

lmfao hahahaha
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
Oh my god, it's so fake!


The reaction of the people stood around is so under-rated.., and why would the camera face down for that split second..you could not see who was driving, because the windows was covered, the car didn't hit any wall, and there was not a single mark, nor dust, on the car, after it had gone through the wall..
They are rich. Though this may be a generalization, I personally think that most rich people don't value anything they own. That was a Ford Mustang GT500. It is rated at about 500 horses. Though I'm not saying it's real, I doubt it would be fake either. It's not hard to drive through a garage wall without much damage.

My friend's neighbor (heh, she's indian) freaked out and somehow drove diagonally into the garage wall with hardly any speed and it punched a hole big enough for someone to walk right through. She still drives the car and there was maybe a few scratch marks. So I wouldn't doubt that such a powerful Mustang would be damaged like hell by just ramming a thin wall with a wood backing.

Either way, no offense to you, but I hate it when people get all skeptical of some video, unless it's clearly showing that it is fake. I hate it even more when people go on some commentary while watching movies (like my dad). If this did happen, it just goes to prove my point that rich people deserve to be taxed higher for their money and stupidity.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #15
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

I thought it seemed rather real.. Everyone reacted as anyone of my friends would have. And alvino is right it really wouldnt hurt the car assumine its just sheetrock and plywood.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #16
In Runtime
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 340
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
I thought it seemed rather real.. Everyone reacted as anyone of my friends would have. And alvino is right it really wouldnt hurt the car assumine its just sheetrock and plywood.
I need to review the tape now. Gotta watch it again!
__________________
Building a "Mac PC" . . . . $???
Restoring a 40 year old Mustang . . . . $40K~
Building a business . . . . $Still counting.
Being this damn broke . . . . Priceless!

それ自身による剣規則何も。それは熟練した処理によってしか生き生きして来ない。
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,463
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

I don't think it's fake either. The reaction of the people was good enough for me.
__________________
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #18
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
They are rich. Though this may be a generalization, I personally think that most rich people don't value anything they own. That was a Ford Mustang GT500. It is rated at about 500 horses. Though I'm not saying it's real, I doubt it would be fake either. It's not hard to drive through a garage wall without much damage.

My friend's neighbor (heh, she's indian) freaked out and somehow drove diagonally into the garage wall with hardly any speed and it punched a hole big enough for someone to walk right through. She still drives the car and there was maybe a few scratch marks. So I wouldn't doubt that such a powerful Mustang would be damaged like hell by just ramming a thin wall with a wood backing.

Either way, no offense to you, but I hate it when people get all skeptical of some video, unless it's clearly showing that it is fake. I hate it even more when people go on some commentary while watching movies (like my dad). If this did happen, it just goes to prove my point that rich people deserve to be taxed higher for their money and stupidity.
Don't you think that your "heh, she's indian" remark is racist?, I thought Americans were particularly sympathic towards that community, moreso than some of we British, I'm ashamed to say, just watch these remarks in future, OK?, probably there should be a new rule covering racist remarks.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:52 AM   #19
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

Well I apologize if it did sound racist, though it was not my intent. Let's just say there's a big generalization that indian and chinese FAIL at driving. Though, it's not true for some, there are enough to prove that they're not very good drivers in general.

Also, I'm chinese myself. Yes, my mom does suck at driving and is rather hypocritical about it.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:16 AM   #20
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: I really don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Well I apologize if it did sound racist, though it was not my intent. Let's just say there's a big generalization that indian and chinese FAIL at driving. Though, it's not true for some, there are enough to prove that they're not very good drivers in general.

Also, I'm chinese myself. Yes, my mom does suck at driving and is rather hypocritical about it.
Thank you, an appreciated response, I've always found chinese people to be forthright, I worked at a prison where out of 300 prisoners we had one chinese, he was a trustee, & happened to be in a governor's office when he had a heart attack, he quickly swept every thing off hiis desk, laid him out on it, & gave help, shouting for assistance, they reckon he saved his life, they shortened his sentence by six months because of this..... he also cooked officer's meals in the mess, & it was nothing to put a spoon in a bowl of chicken soup, & bring out several bones!, the chinese way, I guess?
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0