I rarely post things like this...

Congrats man! 3 years for a PhD isn't too bad I guess. Here at MTU, it takes 4 at least I think. Too much for me, haha.

Congrats man! 3 years for a PhD isn't too bad I guess. Here at MTU, it takes 4 at least I think. Too much for me, haha.
It starts off as 3 - it's not uncommon at all for it to be extended to a 4th year though, so I wouldn't be surprised if that does happen!

Lots of uni's work at different paces, for example it can take anywhere from 2 to 6 years to get a bat helots degree in the uk,

University of Buckingham either do or used to do 2year business degrees, basically it meant that there were no spring/summer breaks, 3 semesters in a year.

3years is "normal" with 2semesters a year
4 years is not uncommon either through doing less modules in each semester (so effectively having to study another year to complete more credits). Or through doing a year in industry placement.
Five and six year degrees are reasonably rare (unless you're a part time student). For full time students they are usually medical courses.

Anyway. The point is that the course may be shorter, but that doesn't mean it's any less thorough.

Welcome To the World of Bsc after your name! I'll be honest, and say I've had this priveldge for about 2 years now, and I have never used it once! I suppose it would be nice on a C.V. or if you start your own business / are a proffesional / on letters etc.

Mine was Bsc in computer business engineering systems and technologies, minoring in internet systems!! all that spam after my name, nty!

But on a serious note, gratz on the first, it will serve you well, wish i tried harder instead of putting pretty much 0 effort in, could of attained a first, but que sera sera.

The visual programming tool sounds cool. Most tools that are provided now to help you code, seem to be just predictive / corrective things that seem to not 'understand' what you are doing (if that makes sense)

If you had something to almost display a flow diagram, or something, as you created your code that would be ace, would especially help if you have big code, trying to remember functions and what products / outputs, and how ifs etc, interact with eachother. That sort of representation could also aid in troubleshooting code too. Make some money!!! :)

I don't know if thats what you had in mind, suppose thats just a stab in the dark with the 'Visual' aspect - but good luck with it anyways, let us know how it goes, or spin a few ideas off us!

I never use my post-nominal titles either.

I'm still working on my dream to have more letters after my name than in my name though.

Back
Top Bottom