I rarely post things like this...

berry120

Fully Optimized
...but degree results came out today, and the result was a first :) Now officially have the letters BSc after my name and have funding and placement confirmed for my PhD starting in September!

Apologies if this seems arrogant. I'm just rather pleased and somewhat relieved!

Thanks! It's involving programming education and using visualisations to help people visualise what's happening with their code. Hopefully I should have built a cool tool as well as written a hefty thesis by the end of it. But that's at least 3 years away!

...but degree results came out today, and the result was a first :) Now officially have the letters BSc after my name and have funding and placement confirmed for my PhD starting in September!

Apologies if this seems arrogant. I'm just rather pleased and somewhat relieved!

WOW, congratulations. That seems interesting. Can you tell us a little bit more about it? What sorts of visualizations, etc...

That is great - I'm pleased for you! You are going to have to change your username to Dr. berry120 once you've got your PhD!

You might not want to discuss this publicly (or at all...) - but are you where are you going to do your PhD? I don't know if it's normal for people to carry on at their university, or to go somewhere new.

That is great - I'm pleased for you! You are going to have to change your username to Dr. berry120 once you've got your PhD!

You might not want to discuss this publicly (or at all...) - but are you where are you going to do your PhD? I don't know if it's normal for people to carry on at their university, or to go somewhere new.

Hah, that'll be a few years down the line but I'll see ;) Thanks either way! :)

I'm carrying on at the University of Kent, same place where I got my degree. I've got a lot of friends here, enjoy it and am interested in the research areas here. So it all makes sense :)

Dude, this is the one thing you can brag about and decent people won't care!

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom